3.2/168/AA Female/Strong Softs

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
boo-boo

3.2/168/AA Female/Strong Softs

Postby boo-boo » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:07 pm

I'm new to this site, but I've already checked LSN and LSP and I'm still a little confused on what I should do...

GPA - 3.2
LSAT - 168
AA Female/Teach for America

From what I've seen so far, I know you guys love to suggest a retake, but studying while teaching full-time these past few months has been heinous and I would reaaallly prefer not to go through it again...

What do you think my chances are at:
Boalt
Northwestern
Penn
UVA
Vandy
GWU
BU
BC

I'm super debt averse, so I'm a little afraid that I'll be aiming a bit too high...also I just heard about the GWU ED full-tuition scholarships, which is looking like a pretty sweet deal right now. I just don't know if it would be worth it for a school I'm not entirely sure about.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance

NYCbound35

Re: 3.2/168/AA Female/Strong Softs

Postby NYCbound35 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:15 pm

If you checked LSN, you should know that you should aim higher.

AA splitter is probably hardest cycle to figure out, but I think you have a shot at getting one of HS, good chance at one of CCN and should not apply lower than T18.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/coopertemplegrl

bk1

Postby bk1 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:21 pm

I wouldn't ED at GW, especially if you're not sure about the school. You have a good shot (probably 50/50) of getting the $105,000 scholarship from them anyways and you also have a good shot at getting money from the other generous strong regional schools (e.g. WUSTL, Illinois, BC, BU). I'd even estimate that your chances of getting the $105,000 from GW will probably be higher next cycle because I believe they have had a really hard time competing for students this cycle and will probably try to aggressively court them next cycle (but this is just a hunch).

I looked at LSN and agree that the pickings are slim in trying to compare yourself so it is kind of hard. I'd say you will probably get a some lower T14 bites, but whether you get scholarships or not is anyone's guess. You could get a decent amount, you could get nothing, it's hard to tell. But I definitely would say they are worth applying to because you have a shot at money and you should apply to all of the T14 except Y/S (heck I'd at least throw a hail mary to Y/S just in case) and the strong regionals you prefer so you can use any possible scholarship offers as leverage against each school to try and get more $ from them.

boo-boo

Postby boo-boo » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:24 pm

I've definitely checked it, but I wasn't sure if those profiles were anomalies or if that was to be expected with URM status.

Also, I'm not just worried about getting in...(ideally) I would love to get in with a good chunk of aid as well!

So I guess my real question is - what are my chances of getting money at those schools listed?

boo-boo

Postby boo-boo » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:27 pm

Thanks BK! That's kind of what I figured...I'm just going to throw apps out everywhere and see who bites.

NYCbound35

Postby NYCbound35 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:28 pm

$ at lower t-14 on down, maybe a chance at some from MVP

Full rides at many schools from WUSTL on down

that's my guess, but again, small sample size so who knows

Return to “What are my chances?”