3.94 GPA; 168 LSAT but.... Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
SuperWhatnot

New

3.94 GPA; 168 LSAT but....

Post by SuperWhatnot » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:33 pm

I got my high GPA from a lot of A+ grades and from a pretty weak undergrad (a CUNY). I am Asian, if that matters. I don't want to take the LSAT again, since I flatlined at this exact score for a month despite aggressive studying.

I've got great work experience (paralegal intern at top law firm, project manager at a startup) and I'm in a Skadden, Arps Honors program with a rec letter from a law professor.

I was hoping the infinite wisdom of TLS readers would give me a sense of where I stand. I really want to do Columbia Law and I live in New York.

Oblivion_08

Bronze

Re: 3.94 GPA; 168 LSAT but....

Post by Oblivion_08 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:40 pm

You are just going to hear people write re-take..just re-take man, it can't hurt.

law4vus

Silver

Post by law4vus » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:41 pm

SuperWhatnot wrote:I got my high GPA from a lot of A+ grades and from a pretty weak undergrad (a CUNY). I am Asian, if that matters. I don't want to take the LSAT again, since I flatlined at this exact score for a month despite aggressive studying.

I've got great work experience (paralegal intern at top law firm, project manager at a startup) and I'm in a Skadden, Arps Honors program with a rec letter from a law professor.

I was hoping the infinite wisdom of TLS readers would give me a sense of where I stand. I really want to do Columbia Law and I live in New York.
Your undergrad does not matter, only the GPA. You may get a BOOST if you went to Harvard, Yale, or Princeton, but it will almost never hurt you. CUNY is just fine.

Being Asian doesn't help, unfortunately. With your LSAT, I'd say Columbia is a bit of a reach even with your great GPA. Best bet may be to retake, but you will probably get into some good schools in the 7-14 range and possibly with some money.

lawyerwannabe

Silver

Post by lawyerwannabe » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:42 pm

< --- 168 / 3.91

You will probably be attending a lower T14 school if you decide to go to the best school you get into. Best of luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”