3.76 / 170, T10? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
erikjc

Bronze

3.76 / 170, T10?

Post by erikjc » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:24 pm

White male, Duke undergrad. Average softs, expecting good recommendations and hopefully a memorable PS (I am gay - diversity angle?)

Chances at HYS? I was thinking of Stanford especially but I know they emphasize GPA, where I am weaker. Also Berkeley, NYU, Columbia, Michigan. Pretty much wondering about T10. Thanks!

albanach

Gold

Re: 3.76 / 170, T10?

Post by albanach » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:29 pm

erikjc wrote:White male, Duke undergrad. Average softs, expecting good recommendations and hopefully a memorable PS (I am gay - diversity angle?)

Chances at HYS? I was thinking of Stanford especially but I know they emphasize GPA, where I am weaker. Also Berkeley, NYU, Columbia, Michigan. Pretty much wondering about T10. Thanks!
lawschoolpredictor.com should be pretty accurate for you as a white male. It suggests you're in with a should at the lower T14. The diversity angle might help if you're tied with someone with equal numbers, but I think it's unlikely to change your cycle.

Consider retaking if you want a higher ranked school.

glewz

Silver

Re: 3.76 / 170, T10?

Post by glewz » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:34 pm

erikjc wrote:White male, Duke undergrad. Average softs, expecting good recommendations and hopefully a memorable PS (I am gay - diversity angle?)

ED at one of CCN if you're willing to pay sticker. You're probably going to get into T14 but without $ (or minimal $). S is a long shot, but you have a much better shot there, numbers-wise, than Y or H.

Return to “What are my chances?”