What are my chances at the University of Denver - Strum? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
LauraH

New

What are my chances at the University of Denver - Strum?

Post by LauraH » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:13 pm

I have a 3.1 GPA from the University of Colorado at Boulder (in Advertising - School of Journalism and Mass Communications).

150 LSAT score (which I feel like I would be able to slightly improve).

I am also 24 and have had 2 years working experience in business analytics for a Fortune 500 software company, which I feel may be a plus.

I would like to practice and continue living in Colorado and DU - University of Denver is my ideal school.

I would like to get your feedback on my chances and if I should re-take the LSAT in October?

Thanks! - Laura

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Re: What are my chances at the University of Denver - Strum?

Post by Bildungsroman » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:35 pm

Unfortunately, with your low GPA you're probably going to need a higher LSAT to get into Denver. Seems like under a 3.5 GPA and they're really looking for a 160+ LSAT. Sorry! :(

http://denver.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats

LauraH

New

Post by LauraH » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:46 pm

Thanks! I think I will take the October test to get a better shot. I know that if I focus more and spend the time I have from now-Oct I will be able to score higher. Any study suggestions?

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:52 pm

LauraH wrote:Thanks! I think I will take the October test to get a better shot. I know that if I focus more and spend the time I have from now-Oct I will be able to score higher. Any study suggestions?
Check out the LSAT prep forum on here, including the stickied stuff at the top of the forum, for good study schedules and advice. If you're having trouble on logic games get the PowerScore Logic Games Bible and work through it, a lot of people here swear by it. Same for the Logical Reasoning bible if you're having trouble with the arguments section.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”