Where should I apply?? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
amc987

Silver

Where should I apply??

Post by amc987 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:45 pm

Last edited by amc987 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

flexityflex86

Silver

Re: Where should I apply??

Post by flexityflex86 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:45 pm

amc987 wrote:Hey all,

I am an African-American male applying to law school for the 2011-2012 cycle and was wondering where I should apply/ which schools I should potentially use as safeties.

Numbers: 3.5 GPA from HYP, 169 LSAT from the June 2011 test (and also 166 in Feb, and a 15X in Oct 10). I am kind of bummed about my LSAT score not being higher since I was averaging around 175 on my PTs this time :cry: . Still, I think I did the best I could have done on that day, and I'm definitely not going to wait a year to try and take it again!! I am 1-2 years out of undergrad FWIW.

I have some average/good softs: tutored inner city kids in undergrad, got a gov't fellowship to intern at a health/human rights organization in India, worked at another human rights organization in South Africa, was an RA in college, and have lots of campaign work experience with Obama in 08 and then selected congressional campaigns before that (I did a lot of GOTV, registering voters, phone banking, etc.). I am also fluent in Spanish.

I am interested in pursuing international law and human rights both in law school, and potentially as a career afterwards.

What do you think? As of now I think my top choices are CCN, but I would love to have a shot at H or S. I know, dare to dream. Y doesn't appeal to me, and I don't think it's happening with my numbers anyway. Where should I apply and what schools would make sense as back ups??

Thanks in advance. :D
in at all.

amc987

Silver

Re: Where should I apply??

Post by amc987 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:25 pm

Bump. Anyone else??

I really could use the feedback. I will probably blanket the T-14 and see where I get in, but does anyone have a realistic assessment of my chances at HS, CCN, MVPB, etc. I also have NO IDEA what to use for safeties. USC, GWU, Fordham??

Thanks again in advance!

Return to “What are my chances?”