3.4 168

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
minnbills

3.4 168

Postby minnbills » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:41 pm

'nother june test taker here. I'm well aware of LSN and LSP, but wanted some classic "guess my cycle" input.

3.4 168, I have a lower score as well, but don't want to make myself too identifiable. No real WE, otherwise fairly classic softs: president and other officer position of one student org (one that actually takes trips and does stuff besides meet on a given day) and coached a high school sports team. So fairly typical, probably even below avg softs.

Targets:
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Boulder
BC
BU

Safeties:
Syracuse
William Mitchell
Denver

LSP doesn't give me really any shot at t14. I do really like Cornell, Michigan, and Penn. Do I have an outside shot at Cornell? Or are all three "retake only" type prospects right now?

Also, should my current targets be thought of more as reaches given my low GPA? I do have a nice disparity between my current school and the one I transferred from, though I'm well aware of the very limited value an upward trend gives.

glewz

Re: 3.4 168

Postby glewz » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:46 pm

minnbills wrote:'nother june test taker here. I'm well aware of LSN and LSP, but wanted some classic "guess my cycle" input.

3.4 168, I have a lower score as well, but don't want to make myself too identifiable. No real WE, otherwise fairly classic softs: president and other officer position of one student org (one that actually takes trips and does stuff besides meet on a given day) and coached a high school sports team. So fairly typical, probably even below avg softs.

Targets:
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Boulder
BC
BU

Safeties:
Syracuse
William Mitchell
Denver

LSP doesn't give me really any shot at t14. I do really like Cornell, Michigan, and Penn. Do I have an outside shot at Cornell? Or are all three "retake only" type prospects right now?

Also, should my current targets be thought of more as reaches given my low GPA? I do have a nice disparity between my current school and the one I transferred from, though I'm well aware of the very limited value an upward trend gives.

Cornell might wait list you, but Mich & Penn are out. If you want a decent shot at any of those three, you'd need to retake. Schools will appreciate your upward trend, but your LSAT is either below median or @ median, and your GPA is < all three schools' 25%.

Return to “What are my chances?”