3.27/167...retake?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Cornelius

3.27/167...retake?

Postby Cornelius » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:13 pm

Little late to the flurry of threads generated from the June LSAC release. Anyway:

3.27 GPA/167 LSAT
GPA is lower from 1 semester at my non-degree granting institution. Without that one semester, 3.47, so that sucks.

I'm 3 years out of undergrad with non-legal work experience for all 3 years. White male. Letters of recommendation will likely be average to good, but not stellar.

My goal for law school is prosecution, and being engaged I'd like to stay in the NJ/NY/PA area. Ideally, I'd like to minimize the debt load I'll have to take to go to school.

I know with the GPA/LSAT combo I'm pretty much a lock for the Tier 2 colleges in the area (Brooklyn Law, Rutgers, Seton Hall, St. John's or Rutgers Camden, Temple, Nova if I go down to the Philly area) and at least a shot at Cardozo. My question is: worth a retake to get better/a guarantee at more scholly money?

My LSAT prep consisted only of a diagnosis with the free June test online (168) and about 5 or 6 of the practice tests in the earlier LSAC book (I know, I know) under exam conditions, scoring high 170s and a few 180s. My June attempt consisted of:
LR: -0 and -5
LG: -3
RC: -7

The logic games destroyed my confidence (even though I did better than expected, I was really rushed), and I was totally burnt out before I go to the RC due to that and a combination of a really long drive to the test center, getting there way too early, not much sleep the night before, and eating nothing (all stupid, but the reg was a last minute thing). In the practice tests I did do (again, the early ones), RC was nearly always -0 to -2 max.

Definitely worth it to do some actual studying, work on the most recent practice tests, and retake, right?
Last edited by Cornelius on Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bk1

Re: 3.27/167...retake?

Postby bk1 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:14 pm

I'd say it's worth it to try and get more money. You really don't have anything to lose from a retake.

Return to “What are my chances?”