Really need advice Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jellybean8

New

Really need advice

Post by jellybean8 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:05 pm

Hi. So I just got my LSAT and finally stopped crying.

I've been set on Columbia throughout college. I took testmasters and studied like a beast for the lsat, but it just didn't work out. I got a 168. I'm trying to decide if it's essential I retake it. I feel like I gave the test EVERYTHING and can't imagine going through the process again.

I go to an undergrad Ivy and my LSDAS GPA is 3.88. I currently have an internship. I am a white female. I would apply ED.

Do you think there is any chance I could still get in, is crucial I retake, or just drop it altogether?

Thank you in advance.

EliHBCU

New

Re: Really need advice

Post by EliHBCU » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:00 pm

I'm sorry you were devastated by your score, I cried when I didn't get into my number one choice too. However, there are lots of great schools and I would not retake the LSAT if you have a 168 just to get into Columbia. Apply to and go to another school if, after your 1L year, you still have your heart set on Columbia transfer.

This is not the end of the world. In fact you may find that you didn't get in for a reason, maybe another school is the best for you, but you didn't consider it because you had you had your heart set on Columbia. (That's what happened to me.)

duckmoney

Silver

Post by duckmoney » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:04 pm

You will not get into Columbia with that LSAT if you're not a URM :(

That said, how bad do you want Columbia (or a peer school)? if you do, retake. If not, you should crack the lower T14 and get some money at Vandy and Texas.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:07 pm

You can still get into a number of great schools with that LSAT/GPA + Ivy undergrad background. You will almost certainly get into Cornell, and you will have a shot at schools like Georgetown, Virginia, Duke, Michigan, etc. You won't get into all of them, but you might get one to bite. All of those schools are excellent. Don't beat yourself up over what is undoubtedly still a very good position.

lawgod

Bronze

Post by lawgod » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:10 pm

Your question can only be answered by knowing what you were scoring in practice.

But I was also crushed when I didn't get into the schools I wanted. I didn't know who I was for several days.

loblaw

Bronze

Post by loblaw » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:19 pm

Agree with everyone above--it's probably tough to hear right now, but you have good numbers, and I'd be surprised if you didn't get one lower T-14 to bite. You'd need a strong retake for Columbia. Good luck, and honestly, good job.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”