Graduate college in 3 years -> law school?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
lrrh27

Graduate college in 3 years -> law school?

Postby lrrh27 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:43 pm

I am thinking of accelerating my college degree and graduating in 2013 instead of 2014. It would be tough for me to do, and I have no idea what the impact will be on my GPA. I'm hoping to get into a t14 school. My question is: how will law schools look at this? Will it make it harder for me to get in, or will it not matter?

Thanks!

CanadianWolf

Re: Graduate college in 3 years -> law school?

Postby CanadianWolf » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:48 pm

Law schools are primarily concerned with an applicant's LSAT score & GPA. These hard factors--LSAT score & GPA--probably account for 80%-90% of the decision. For borderline candiates law schools often look at an applicant's essays, work history & maturity level as well as other hard factors. Graduating in 3 years is not a factor normally considered by law schools. GPA & evidence of maturity are, however.

buckilaw

Postby buckilaw » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:48 pm

Graduating in three years will yield no benefit over graduating in four. I'm thinking it can only hurt your GPA. If you really want to aim for law school, take a few logic classes, prepr for the LSAT, and try to develop unique and interesting softs that you can form into a compelling narative. By developing softs I don't mean joining every organization on campus or becoming a vice president of the intramural kickball team, find something that could really make you stand out.

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:55 pm

Won't matter. Employers won't care either. Go for it, save the money and time.

Return to “What are my chances?”