--

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
LawSchoolGuru

--

Postby LawSchoolGuru » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:42 pm

-
Last edited by LawSchoolGuru on Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bhan87

Re: 3.83 LSDAS GPA & 168 LSAT

Postby bhan87 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:49 pm

LawSchoolGuru wrote:Hey everybody.

3.83 GPA / 168 LSAT (taken only once) / Non-URM

What are my chances at getting acceptances in T14. I've looked at LSN and LSP, just wanted to hear what you guys think. And staying in California is a plus. I recently graduated from UCLA.

Thanks so much!

MVP-ish is your target. Cornell / G'town should both be in. As for CA schools, Stanford and Berkeley are both black boxes and can really depend on your softs. Your numbers are good enough for the latter, but a lot can depend on whether the adcomms feel you're unique enough. You'll get into UCLA, likely with $$, if you don't mind staying in LA for another 3 years.

jrose5

Postby jrose5 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:50 pm

To be absolutely frank, the only T14 you have a decent shot at is Cornell. If you have great softs, Michigan is a possibility as well, but don't forget that Why Michigan essay. I hear it's practically a must.

As T14s, Michigan and Cornell would both provide you with a degree that would give you great mobility among legal job markets around the country. Michigan carries a little more prestige, though.

jrose5

Postby jrose5 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:53 pm

bhan87 wrote:
LawSchoolGuru wrote:Hey everybody.

3.83 GPA / 168 LSAT (taken only once) / Non-URM

What are my chances at getting acceptances in T14. I've looked at LSN and LSP, just wanted to hear what you guys think. And staying in California is a plus. I recently graduated from UCLA.

Thanks so much!

MVP-ish is your target. Cornell / G'town should both be in. As for CA schools, Stanford and Berkeley are both black boxes and can really depend on your softs. Your numbers are good enough for the latter, but a lot can depend on whether the adcomms feel you're unique enough. You'll get into UCLA, likely with $$, if you don't mind staying in LA for another 3 years.

I'm not sure about Penn, but Virginia has a strong tendency to WL just about anyone who isn't a VA resident or didn't apply ED.

But yeah, I forgot to mention Berkeley. If you're unique enough, Berkeley is a possibility. So is Stanford if you have amazing softs. You are borderline for G'Town and UCLA.

LawSchoolGuru

Postby LawSchoolGuru » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:04 pm

--
Last edited by LawSchoolGuru on Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jrose5

Postby jrose5 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:08 pm

LawSchoolGuru wrote:Thank you for the responses. Should I retake?

Depends on what your PT average was, how much time you have this summer to study for the Oct. test, and how confident you are about getting a 170+.

A 170 will make schools like Penn, Michigan, and Duke a lot more within reach. It will also improve your shot at Cornell and G-Town. NU will be tough still, since you just graduated and they seem to like post-college work experience.

admisionquestion

Postby admisionquestion » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:57 pm

jrose5 wrote:To be absolutely frank, the only T14 you have a decent shot at is Cornell. If you have great softs, Michigan is a possibility as well, but don't forget that Why Michigan essay. I hear it's practically a must.

As T14s, Michigan and Cornell would both provide you with a degree that would give you great mobility among legal job markets around the country. Michigan carries a little more prestige, though.

I am getting so annoyed with this shit. This is just absolutely wrong:
Y =15 H =13 S =37 C=31 C=39 N=40 B=54 P=55 M=57 V=56 D=62 N=60
Is the percent chance given by law school predictor.

I am not saying its accurate I am saying it is an extreme overstatement to claim he ONLY has a "decent shot" at Cornell.

jrose5

Postby jrose5 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:00 pm

admisionquestion wrote:
jrose5 wrote:To be absolutely frank, the only T14 you have a decent shot at is Cornell. If you have great softs, Michigan is a possibility as well, but don't forget that Why Michigan essay. I hear it's practically a must.

I am getting so annoyed with this shit. This is just absolutely wrong:
Y =15 H =13 S =37 C=31 C=39 N=40 B=54 P=55 M=57 V=56 D=62 N=60
Is the percent chance given by law school predictor.

I am not saying its accurate I am saying it is an extreme overstatement to claim he ONLY has a "decent shot" at Cornell.

You're right, he has a good shot at Cornell, but what I said about the other school stands. Go on the LSN stat graphs.

Here's the one for Penn, for example.
http://penn.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats

Almost no one got in with similar stats.

Return to “What are my chances?”