UVA ED?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
glcoupe
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:59 pm

UVA ED?

Postby glcoupe » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:57 pm

I have a 4.15 LSAC GPA and all I want to do is go to UVA Law. I took the LSAT and do not have a score, decent softs and LOR's. My question is what is the minimum LSAT score that I could apply with ED that would give me a good shot at getting in to UVA ED? I don't care about money.

User avatar
itsirtou
Posts: 401
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:05 pm

Re: UVA ED?

Postby itsirtou » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:03 pm

Umm. I'm guessing maybe a 166 or so?

glcoupe
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:59 pm

Re: UVA ED?

Postby glcoupe » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:34 pm

And if not UVA, any other T14 schools that would accept a lower LSAT for an ED student.

BOALT?
MICH?
????????

socraticmethodman
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:35 pm

Re: UVA ED?

Postby socraticmethodman » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:41 pm

OP, are you an URM?

If not, it's tough to say. I'd guess 168+

Also, Boalt doesn't accept ED applications.

glcoupe
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:59 pm

Re: UVA ED?

Postby glcoupe » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:59 pm

NO, not a URM

TheFactor
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Re: UVA ED?

Postby TheFactor » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:47 am

If you do ED, you'll have a good shot with anything 160+.

User avatar
Verity
Posts: 1253
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: UVA ED?

Postby Verity » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:03 am

I'd say 164 at a reasonable minimum, 167+ to be competitive with ED.

User avatar
Bobeo
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:51 pm

Re: UVA ED?

Postby Bobeo » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:31 am

With that GPA you should retake if you get less than 165, I guess depending on your PTs. That GPA is awesome and with a 170 you will be auto admit with scholarships at some T14s.

glcoupe
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:59 pm

Re: UVA ED?

Postby glcoupe » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:01 pm

I know I should shoot for the 170's. For example, if I were to get a 160 on my first lsat and then a 165, would they look at both or how would that look on my app.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18410
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: UVA ED?

Postby bk1 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:09 pm

glcoupe wrote:I know I should shoot for the 170's. For example, if I were to get a 160 on my first lsat and then a 165, would they look at both or how would that look on my app.


In general, they only look at the best score.

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: UVA ED?

Postby ndirish2010 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:35 pm

165 and you're probably good. That GPA and 168 and you're competitive for the T6.

User avatar
buckilaw
Posts: 840
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 1:27 am

Re: UVA ED?

Postby buckilaw » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:22 pm

TheFactor wrote:If you do ED, you'll have a good shot with anything 160+.


This is credited; UVA is a whore for applicants way above either median. It wouldn't make a great deal of difference If you scored between 160-167 for an ED app to UVA.

If don't feel you can do very well on the LSAT Ed to UVA the day apps become available. If they ding you, which they likley won't, ED to Mich.

Alternatively, you could retake the LSAT and gun for HYS or CCN with $.

glcoupe
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:59 pm

Re: UVA ED?

Postby glcoupe » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:13 pm

Curiously, what T14 do you think is the easiest to get into with a high gpa and mid to low 160's lsat ED? Obviously, would it be UVA, Mich, UVA or what school?

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18410
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: UVA ED?

Postby bk1 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:21 pm

glcoupe wrote:Curiously, what T14 do you think is the easiest to get into with a high gpa and mid to low 160's lsat ED? Obviously, would it be UVA, Mich, UVA or what school?


UVa. But even with a low 160's LSAT it is pretty rough.

User avatar
blink
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:14 pm

Re: UVA ED?

Postby blink » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:25 pm

I guess I'm a little confused here. Do you feel like you didn't do well? A 4+ LSAC GPA combined with 170+ could get you huge scholarships.

If you want UVA as your tippy-top choice, fine. But do yourself a favor and don't pay sticker.

protein
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:44 am

Re: UVA ED?

Postby protein » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:07 am

blink wrote:I guess I'm a little confused here. Do you feel like you didn't do well? A 4+ LSAC GPA combined with 170+ could get you huge scholarships.

If you want UVA as your tippy-top choice, fine. But do yourself a favor and don't pay sticker.


this

you could get mega $ from UVA if you do well on the LSAT and RD instead of ED

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: UVA ED?

Postby paulinaporizkova » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:43 am

165+ and you're probably in

160+ and you have a chance but it's a toss up. many have gotten ED rejected with 160-164 LSAT and high GPA. below 160, no go

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: UVA ED?

Postby paulinaporizkova » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:46 am

ndirish2010 wrote:165 and you're probably good. That GPA and 168 and you're competitive for the T6.


no

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: UVA ED?

Postby paulinaporizkova » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:48 am

bk1 wrote:
glcoupe wrote:Curiously, what T14 do you think is the easiest to get into with a high gpa and mid to low 160's lsat ED? Obviously, would it be UVA, Mich, UVA or what school?


UVa. But even with a low 160's LSAT it is pretty rough.


credited as usual homes

User avatar
glewz
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: UVA ED?

Postby glewz » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:51 am

They look at both scores, if you have a 160 & 165, but since they only report the higher one, the 165 is what will matter; go for 164+.

UVa ED is your best shot. Otherwise, Georgetown (if no WE) or Northwestern (if WE).

Also, it's my understanding that UVa's ED application turnaround time is really fast - you'll get a response in like 10-15 days, sometimes sooner. So ED right when applications come out, and hope for the best. If it doesn't work out, you can ED to a different school.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18410
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: UVA ED?

Postby bk1 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:54 am

glewz wrote:Also, it's my understanding that UVa's ED application turnaround time is really fast - you'll get a response in like 10-15 days, sometimes sooner. So ED right when applications come out, and hope for the best. If it doesn't work out, you can ED to a different school.


This is true to a certain extent so I wanted to clarify:

1. UVa has a 15 day turn around time guarantee (maximum), but you may get it sooner.
2. You can ED to another school if you get rejected/waitlisted, but only if that school is okay with you having ED'ed earlier in the cycle. GULC/Michigan/NYU for example are okay with it. NU is not okay with it (as in if you ED to NU it can be the only ED you do that cycle whether not you get accepted).

User avatar
alex_cryp
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 10:40 pm

Re: UVA ED?

Postby alex_cryp » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:46 am

Several applicants got in this year ED, both in state and out of state, with a 3.9 and a 165.

User avatar
glewz
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: UVA ED?

Postby glewz » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:24 am

bk1 wrote:
glewz wrote:Also, it's my understanding that UVa's ED application turnaround time is really fast - you'll get a response in like 10-15 days, sometimes sooner. So ED right when applications come out, and hope for the best. If it doesn't work out, you can ED to a different school.


This is true to a certain extent so I wanted to clarify:

1. UVa has a 15 day turn around time guarantee (maximum), but you may get it sooner.
2. You can ED to another school if you get rejected/waitlisted, but only if that school is okay with you having ED'ed earlier in the cycle. GULC/Michigan/NYU for example are okay with it. NU is not okay with it (as in if you ED to NU it can be the only ED you do that cycle whether not you get accepted).


Oh wow, didn't know that about NU. crazy business

TheFactor
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Re: UVA ED?

Postby TheFactor » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:37 am

alex_cryp wrote:Several applicants got in this year ED, both in state and out of state, with a 3.9 and a 165.

Also several 162/163 non-URMs with high GPAs got in w/ ED according to LSN.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18410
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: UVA ED?

Postby bk1 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:16 pm

glewz wrote:Oh wow, didn't know that about NU. crazy business


Yeah, I don't understand it at all. When I called NYU the lady basically said "lol why would we give a rat's ass if you had been rejected by a previous ED or wanted to ED somewhere else after we rejected you?"

Basically, just call/email the schools to verify that you can do it so that you're on the safe side.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin and 3 guests