What should my goal LSAT be?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
lawschoolboundfuture

What should my goal LSAT be?

Postby lawschoolboundfuture » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:11 pm

I am going into my junior year with a 3.75. I am hoping to bring it up to a 3.8. I am also taking the LSATS this October. What score is a good goal to get into a t14 school. NYU and Georgetown are my two top choices right now. Thanks so much!

glitched

Re: What should my goal LSAT be?

Postby glitched » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:13 pm

Jack Smirks

Postby Jack Smirks » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:18 pm

Since you can't even do some elementary research on your own (like clicking "search") I would say shoot for 152.

Emma.

Postby Emma. » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:47 pm

glitched wrote:180

This should always be your goal.

admisionquestion

Postby admisionquestion » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:17 pm

172 should give you a good shot if you can put together an interesting application.
174 should give you a very solid shot either way.
176 and your in unless you do something stupid.

For more information go to google and search "law school predictor" or "law school numbers"

----
Dear other responders.
A. Not everyone is a long time law school admission geek...dont hate on this person for asking. Yeah they could look it up but its not very wrong of them to ask this question in a forum titled, "what are my chances."

B. 180 is NOT NOT NOT always a good goal.
B1. I improved my score considerably when I stopped trying to finish all four sets of games. Just steadily hitting 1-3 and then moving to 4 as I had time made everything much easier. Then eventually I started having enough time to finish all four pretty often.
B2. 180 is a fine end goal but knowing what is needed to get into your target school gives people a sense of how much to invest in studying... People have lives and need to balance their time. So knowing that I could live with a 170 and still hit at least some schools in the T14 was valuable info.

Im getting annoyed of how annoyed TLS is with the world.

glitched

Postby glitched » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:31 pm

admisionquestion wrote:172 should give you a good shot if you can put together an interesting application.
174 should give you a very solid shot either way.
176 and your in unless you do something stupid.

For more information go to google and search "law school predictor" or "law school numbers"

----
Dear other responders.
A. Not everyone is a long time law school admission geek...dont hate on this person for asking. Yeah they could look it up but its not very wrong of them to ask this question in a forum titled, "what are my chances."

B. 180 is NOT NOT NOT always a good goal.
B1. I improved my score considerably when I stopped trying to finish all four sets of games. Just steadily hitting 1-3 and then moving to 4 as I had time made everything much easier. Then eventually I started having enough time to finish all four pretty often.
B2. 180 is a fine end goal but knowing what is needed to get into your target school gives people a sense of how much to invest in studying... People have lives and need to balance their time. So knowing that I could live with a 170 and still hit at least some schools in the T14 was valuable info.

Im getting annoyed of how annoyed TLS is with the world.

(lol jk. i agree with this guy. but i always believe in shooting for the moon... because even if you miss youll land in the stars. wow i just made that up. pretty good huh?)

JoeFish

Postby JoeFish » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:24 pm

I always thought that if you shot for the moon and missed you'd either end up flying off into a strange orbit around the sun or falling back into the pacific ocean

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:27 pm

Probably need a 170 to be safe in the T14. Could probably swing it with a 168, but who knows.

These questions are always weird. You should always aim to do 180 slash the best you possibly can. I think what you're asking is what you need for T14, which is what I answered above. If you only want T14, I wouldn't take the LSAT until you are scoring consistently above 169-170 on timed PTs.

Return to “What are my chances?”