Will Turning Down Teach for America Doom Me?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Questions4people

Will Turning Down Teach for America Doom Me?

Postby Questions4people » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:08 pm

Hi, I just graduated with a 3.6 (probably adjusted to about a 3.61 or 3.62 after going through the LSAC adjustments) from a top 10 liberal arts school, I was an economics and a government major graduated Cum Laude and with honors. I got about a 168 on my practice LSATs, but think with some actual commitment to studying, I could increase it a little. I have an offer from Teach for America, but quite frankly think I'm not all that interested, instead I would rather go teach English in Japan, a much less prestigious/competitive program to get into. I'm worried that if I apply to law school from teaching English in Japan, I will kind of screw myself over for law school as the people supervising me there will not be able to write me any recommendations. Thoughts? Is TFA worth it just for the law school bump? I should add I'm hoping to get into a T14...

fatduck

Re: Will Turning Down Teach for America Doom Me?

Postby fatduck » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:09 pm

why can't your employers in japan write you recommendations?

Questions4people

Postby Questions4people » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:19 pm

Their English would not be anywhere near good enough to write them. I would have Japanese supervisors, not native-English speaking ones.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:22 pm

DO NOT start the exact same thread in two separate forums.

Return to “What are my chances?”