Soft Attributes+ 173-176 LSAT 3.3 GPA Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
cmckid

New

Soft Attributes+ 173-176 LSAT 3.3 GPA

Post by cmckid » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:06 am

I really want to go to Chicago- If I ED do I have at least a 50-50 shot?

Prior LSAT 173, expecting higher from the June one I took. Fluent in Chinese, used to be fluent in German, spending next year studying and working in China, started a business with 3 partners that won a few entrepreneurship competitions for around 10K in grants but I'm no longer taking an active role because of China+Law school.

Enough to get into Chicago or should I aim for Penn or UVA instead? I know my GPA is low but I've been told that they are more cool with splitters at Chicago.

3ThrowAway99

Gold

Re: Soft Attributes+ 173-176 LSAT 3.3 GPA

Post by 3ThrowAway99 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:19 am

cmckid wrote:I really want to go to Chicago- If I ED do I have at least a 50-50 shot?

Prior LSAT 173, expecting higher from the June one I took. Fluent in Chinese, used to be fluent in German, spending next year studying and working in China, started a business with 3 partners that won a few entrepreneurship competitions for around 10K in grants but I'm no longer taking an active role because of China+Law school.

Enough to get into Chicago or should I aim for Penn or UVA instead?
I know my GPA is low but I've been told that they are more cool with splitters at Chicago.

I would read the Law School Numbers graphs for the past few years to help get an idea. I think especially if you beat your 173 you will have an excellent shot, but I don't know what type of GPA floors Chicago has. With an ED at Chicago you can still apply to Penn and UVA regular admission right? I think with your high LSAT you have a good shot at those schools RD... but I would check their graphs too..

Corwin

Bronze

Post by Corwin » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:30 am

Lawquacious wrote:
cmckid wrote:I really want to go to Chicago- If I ED do I have at least a 50-50 shot?

Enough to get into Chicago or should I aim for Penn or UVA instead?
I know my GPA is low but I've been told that they are more cool with splitters at Chicago.

I would read the Law School Numbers graphs for the past few years to help get an idea. I think especially if you beat your 173 you will have an excellent shot, but I don't know what type of GPA floors Chicago has. With an ED at Chicago you can still apply to Penn and UVA regular admission right? I think with your high LSAT you have a good shot at those schools RD... but I would check their graphs too..
Definitely not an excellent shot at Chicago, but you do have a shot if your score goes up. Decent shot at UVA RD 173, good shot with 176. I think a lot of your decision will depend on what your new score is.

Moxie

Silver

Post by Moxie » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:19 pm

Enough to get into Chicago or should I aim for Penn or UVA instead? I know my GPA is low but I've been told that they are more cool with splitters at Chicago.
You retook a 173?

173 3.3 might get in with ED, but a lower than 173 is going to have a negative effect.

geoduck

Silver

Post by geoduck » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:20 pm

ED to UVA
/thread

(Oh god, I'm a TLSer now)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”