3.1 GPA and 174 LSAT

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
Kimchi_smile
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:27 am

Re: 3.1 GPA and 174 LSAT

Postby Kimchi_smile » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:13 am

In splitter situations like this, if OP has some unique softs, would that get him into T10? Just a question.

User avatar
Corwin
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 1:12 pm

Re: 3.1 GPA and 174 LSAT

Postby Corwin » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:30 pm

Kimchi_smile wrote:In splitter situations like this, if OP has some unique softs, would that get him into T10? Just a question.

You don't even need unique softs. You need need a well put together app and ED to UVA or NU (with WE). This is TCR for 172+/3~ GPAs. You can even ED to both in one year, as UVA gets back within two weeks. TBH I don't think there is any reason why a splitter like this can't score T10 with both UVA and NU as targets.

User avatar
Kimchi_smile
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:27 am

Re: 3.1 GPA and 174 LSAT

Postby Kimchi_smile » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:40 am

Excuse my curiosity, but what would be a well-put app in this case? Carefully written Why X essays plus strong faculty recommendations? What other elements make a well-put app?

User avatar
Eugenie Danglars
Posts: 2353
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: 3.1 GPA and 174 LSAT

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:25 am

I had a 3.2x and a 172, so not quite the same as you, but somewhat comparable. You can check out my cycle at lawschoolnumbers.com/eugeniedanglars

I second the advice to apply early and well. I got several acceptance in December having applied in October. Feel free to pm if you want more info/advice/friendly splitter conversation :-)

lawhopeful99
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:25 pm

Re: 3.1 GPA and 174 LSAT

Postby lawhopeful99 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:05 pm

Thanks everyone for all the tips, they're all really helpful. I have another question, does it make sense to pay sticker to a t14?

splitmuch
Posts: 968
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: 3.1 GPA and 174 LSAT

Postby splitmuch » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:21 pm

lawhopeful99 wrote:Thanks everyone for all the tips, they're all really helpful. I have another question, does it make sense to pay sticker to a t14?



God I hope so.

User avatar
Stringer Bell
Posts: 1923
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:43 pm

Re: 3.1 GPA and 174 LSAT

Postby Stringer Bell » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:34 pm

lawhopeful99 wrote:Thanks everyone for all the tips, they're all really helpful. I have another question, does it make sense to pay sticker to a t14?


It depends.

lawhopeful99
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:25 pm

Re: 3.1 GPA and 174 LSAT

Postby lawhopeful99 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:43 pm

Stringer Bell wrote:
lawhopeful99 wrote:Thanks everyone for all the tips, they're all really helpful. I have another question, does it make sense to pay sticker to a t14?


It depends.


On? Like at what point is it better go with a school you're getting money from?

czelede
Posts: 689
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:54 pm

Re: 3.1 GPA and 174 LSAT

Postby czelede » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:51 pm

lawhopeful99 wrote:
Stringer Bell wrote:
lawhopeful99 wrote:Thanks everyone for all the tips, they're all really helpful. I have another question, does it make sense to pay sticker to a t14?


It depends.


On? Like at what point is it better go with a school you're getting money from?


This a very personal decision that comes down to how risk-averse you are, how debt-averse you are, and what your priorities are. I personally would have been okay with paying sticker for Georgetown, but a lot of people would find that to be a huge mistake. No one can tell you what's "worth sticker" because different people have differing opinions (outside of HYS, at least).

lawhopeful99
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:25 pm

Re: 3.1 GPA and 174 LSAT

Postby lawhopeful99 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:54 pm

czelede wrote:
lawhopeful99 wrote:
Stringer Bell wrote:
lawhopeful99 wrote:Thanks everyone for all the tips, they're all really helpful. I have another question, does it make sense to pay sticker to a t14?


It depends.


On? Like at what point is it better go with a school you're getting money from?


This a very personal decision that comes down to how risk-averse you are, how debt-averse you are, and what your priorities are. I personally would have been okay with paying sticker for Georgetown, but a lot of people would find that to be a huge mistake. No one can tell you what's "worth sticker" because different people have differing opinions (outside of HYS, at least).


Yea you're right about that, thanks!. It's just I'll be going into law school with college loans too, so it's overwhelming sometimes to think of almost 200k in student loans after graduation.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests