Where should I look with these numbers?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jmtyner11

Where should I look with these numbers?

Postby jmtyner11 » Mon May 30, 2011 10:39 pm

By the end of Fall '11 I will have a 3.35 (based on past performance), majoring in Economics with minors in Poli Sci and Business Administration, and I am assuming I will get about a 164 on the LSAT.

I am URM status (half cherokee), worked 20 hrs/week in college, served as President of my fraternity, Director of Recruitment for the Intrafraternal Council, as well as played on our college's lacrosse team. I am also a member of Pi Sigma Alpha (Political Science Honors Society).

Will schools take these extracurriculars into consideration for a lower GPA?

Right Now I am looking at GWU, Northeastern, BC, UMD, Santa Clara, Baltimore, USC, Hastings, San Francisco, Pepperdine, and Loyola LA, but plan on narrowing that list down.

Thoughts/Opinions?

thecilent

Re: Where should I look with these numbers?

Postby thecilent » Mon May 30, 2011 11:06 pm

You should look at many PTs

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Mon May 30, 2011 11:58 pm

You should take the LSAT and come back.

Also go to school in the region you want to work. Figure that out too.

dpk711

Postby dpk711 » Tue May 31, 2011 12:04 am

jmtyner11 wrote:I am assuming I will get about a 164 on the LSAT.

Can I ask you what your methodology is for predicting your own LSAT scores? I agree with Rad, come back with a real LSAT score.

jmtyner11

Postby jmtyner11 » Tue May 31, 2011 12:23 am

dpk711 wrote:

Can I ask you what your methodology is for predicting your own LSAT scores? I agree with Rad, come back with a real LSAT score.

I've averaged a 166 on Practice Tests so I figured I would shoot below that, just for safe keeping. As for the area I want to work in after, either Northern California or DC (I currently live outside of DC)

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Tue May 31, 2011 12:34 am

jmtyner11 wrote:
dpk711 wrote:

I've averaged a 166 on Practice Tests so I figured I would shoot below that, just for safe keeping. As for the area I want to work in after, either Northern California or DC (I currently live outside of DC)

I've seen at least one dude PTing in the high 170s come back with a 165 on the day. Don't count your chickens. Just hold off a bit and come back when you have a real score. In the meantime, you can research some Norcal and DC schools.

Return to “What are my chances?”