3.82 / 168 - Chances?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Real Madrid

Re: 3.82 / 168 - Chances?

Postby Real Madrid » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:53 am

Awesome, WayBryson. I think that's great advice.

On another note, to anyone reading, I've had several people tell me that a couple more points would do wonders for me. I've actually thought about asking a school to sponsor me for a 4th sitting, because I think on a good day I could score over 170. Nevertheless, I don't want to hurt my chances anymore. Could I maybe apply to some schools and take the test again and then apply to some others that look like long shots with a better score?

bhan87

Postby bhan87 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:17 am

Real Madrid wrote:Hi everyone! My LSAT is a 168. I have a 3.82 GPA.

I'm going to be applying this fall for law school entry beginning in the fall of 2012. This coming year I'm going to be teaching English in Spain. I was very interested in applying ED to UMich, but the mandatory summer start prevents me from doing that as I'll still be in Spain.

I have average to (maybe) slightly above average softs.

What are my chances at T14 schools? Where might be a good ED option if I decide to go that route? I'm particularly interested in UMich, Duke, UVA, Cornell, Northwestern, Penn, Georgetown and Texas.

Fortunately, I'm done with the LSAT and have very little to do this summer, so I'll be spending a good bit of time preparing my apps so they can go out the first day of the cycle.

Thanks for the advice!

Mich - Out
Duke - WL Out
UVA - Out
Cornell - WL In
NU - Out (WE not substantive enough)
Penn - Out
Gtown - WL In or Out
Texas - WL In

I think you need more safeties. You have a lot of reaches and a lot of targets. Add some schools in the 20-25 range.

Real Madrid

Postby Real Madrid » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:32 am

You think Cornell will be a WL? It looks as though everyone with a 168 and a 3.7+ was accepted on LSN.

bhan87

Postby bhan87 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:34 am

Real Madrid wrote:You think Cornell will be a WL? It looks as though everyone with a 168 and a 3.7+ was accepted on LSN.

May not be a WL, but I'm hesitant to consider it an auto-admit, which is why I stuck on the WL

Return to “What are my chances?”