IUB full scholarship as URM

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
robot317

IUB full scholarship as URM

Postby robot317 » Mon May 16, 2011 11:31 am

I am a longtime reader of this site and have seen all of the posts about the large amount of full-ride scholarships to IUB.

My question is what the minimum for recieving one as a URM seems to be. I tried looking in the threads but they are rather long, so I would appreciate any help on this. I know I would get in to IUB with my numbers thanks to LSP but I really want the scholarship!

My LSAT is a 162 and LSAC GPA is either 3.7 or 3.8, Mexican URM, Indiana resident, significant work experience and a masters degree. Thank you!

flexityflex86

Re: IUB full scholarship as URM

Postby flexityflex86 » Mon May 16, 2011 12:22 pm

robot317 wrote:I am a longtime reader of this site and have seen all of the posts about the large amount of full-ride scholarships to IUB.

My question is what the minimum for recieving one as a URM seems to be. I tried looking in the threads but they are rather long, so I would appreciate any help on this. I know I would get in to IUB with my numbers thanks to LSP but I really want the scholarship!

My LSAT is a 162 and LSAC GPA is either 3.7 or 3.8, Mexican URM, Indiana resident, significant work experience and a masters degree. Thank you!

History shows it does depend on the race. AA is better than Mexican in terms of the boost. I don't think you will get the full ride to IU: B. They do really like the mid 160s, and above. I'd say you do have a good chance of cracking the bottom top 14, and will prob get 90k to IU: B.

robot317

Postby robot317 » Mon May 16, 2011 1:09 pm

flexityflex86 wrote:
robot317 wrote:I am a longtime reader of this site and have seen all of the posts about the large amount of full-ride scholarships to IUB.

History shows it does depend on the race. AA is better than Mexican in terms of the boost. I don't think you will get the full ride to IU: B. They do really like the mid 160s, and above. I'd say you do have a good chance of cracking the bottom top 14, and will prob get 90k to IU: B.

Thanks for the response! I am planning on retaking, is it the general consensus that if I can get 165+ I'd get the full ride?

I am planning on applying to the T14 too, but due to familial reasons I would like to stay in Indiana.

dpk711

Postby dpk711 » Mon May 16, 2011 1:21 pm

robot317 wrote:
flexityflex86 wrote:

Thanks for the response! I am planning on retaking, is it the general consensus that if I can get 165+ I'd get the full ride?

I am planning on applying to the T14 too, but due to familial reasons I would like to stay in Indiana.

You will get a fullride ($120K scholly) without any question if you get a 165+. But honestly speaking, an AA applicant is wasting a 165+ score if he goes to IUB. You will get tons of $$$ from the lower T14 as well assuming the hypothetical score.

flexityflex86

Postby flexityflex86 » Mon May 16, 2011 1:56 pm

dpk711 wrote:
robot317 wrote:
flexityflex86 wrote:

You will get a fullride ($120K scholly) without any question if you get a 165+. But honestly speaking, an AA applicant is wasting a 165+ score if he goes to IUB. You will get tons of $$$ from the lower T14 as well assuming the hypothetical score.

He's Mexican, dpk - not the same boost, but I do agree.

I think a 162 can turn into a full scholly with that GPA.... would be interesting to see. They might also offer less full rides next year now that they climbed up to 23. IU: B can't really get up that much more until its job prospects increase.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Mon May 16, 2011 1:59 pm

If you apply early, then you might get full in-state tuition or you may just receive the gift of admission.

Check lawschoolnumbers.com

dpk711

Postby dpk711 » Mon May 16, 2011 4:10 pm

My bad, I was assuming you we're AA. You will still probably get a full ride regardless.

Return to “What are my chances?”