2.8 170 (with F's on transcript) Chance at Temple? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
undergradfail

New

2.8 170 (with F's on transcript) Chance at Temple?

Post by undergradfail » Sat May 14, 2011 9:13 pm

Hi there. I did well at the beginning of college but then I took some harder courses and now I have 5 (that's five) F's (that's F as in FAIL) on my transcript (from my junior and senior years).
I consider myself pretty smart, but I'm just really lazy.

Do I have a chance at Temple? I want to practice in Philadelphia. I'm not planning to apply until I've improved my discipline and achieved some post-undergrad success.

Drake014

Silver

Re: 2.8 170 (with F's on transcript) Chance at Temple?

Post by Drake014 » Sat May 14, 2011 9:15 pm

undergradfail wrote:Hi there. I did well at the beginning of college but then I took some harder courses and now I have 5 (that's five) F's (that's F as in FAIL) on my transcript (from my junior and senior years).

Do I have a chance at Temple? I want to practice in Philadelphia. I'm not planning to apply until I've improved my discipline and achieved some post-undergrad success.
If you scored a 170, you really should be aiming higher.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sat May 14, 2011 9:16 pm

undergradfail wrote:Hi there. I did well at the beginning of college but then I took some harder courses and now I have 5 (that's five) F's (that's F as in FAIL) on my transcript (from my junior and senior years).

You'll get temple.

undergradfail

New

Post by undergradfail » Sat May 14, 2011 9:29 pm

Drake014 wrote:

Well I'm aiming to go to a law school near Philly, but I'm obviously out at Penn. And I've heard BU has a hard floor at 3~3.3. Do you think I have a shot at other schools in the T20-30 range?
My intuition is a lot of those schools will see the F's on my transcript and toss out my app right then and there.

Desert Fox wrote:

You'll get temple.
That's encouraging, thank you.

Chupavida

Bronze

Post by Chupavida » Sat May 14, 2011 9:36 pm

Last edited by Chupavida on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dissonance1848

Silver

Post by dissonance1848 » Mon May 16, 2011 2:15 am

shoeshine

Silver

Post by shoeshine » Mon May 16, 2011 2:17 am

are you a URM? GPA floors usually don't exist for URMs.

Corwin

Bronze

Post by Corwin » Mon May 16, 2011 8:41 pm

You should look at WashU, ED Northwestern if you have WE, Washington and Lee, GW, UIUC. There are a set of schools that these types of splitters seem to do really well at.

undergradfail

New

Post by undergradfail » Mon May 16, 2011 11:04 pm

shoeshine wrote:are you a URM? GPA floors usually don't exist for URMs.
Non-URM. If anything - my background is probably overrepresented in law schools.

Corwin wrote:You should look at WashU, ED Northwestern if you have WE, Washington and Lee, GW, UIUC. There are a set of schools that these types of splitters seem to do really well at.
Thanks for the tips, I'll check these schools out on LSN. I'm pretty sure I'm out at Northwestern though.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Snape

Bronze

Post by Snape » Tue May 17, 2011 9:04 am

If you want Philly go to Temple. Done! Temple is better for placement in Philly than any of the non-"T20" Schools anyways....If you don't already live in PA move there for a year--get in state--and go to Temple--

johnnyutah

Gold

Post by johnnyutah » Tue May 17, 2011 10:32 am

Snape wrote:If you want Philly go to Temple.

Corwin

Bronze

Post by Corwin » Tue May 17, 2011 10:06 pm

undergradfail wrote:
shoeshine wrote:are you a URM? GPA floors usually don't exist for URMs.
Non-URM. If anything - my background is probably overrepresented in law schools.

Corwin wrote:You should look at WashU, ED Northwestern if you have WE, Washington and Lee, GW, UIUC. There are a set of schools that these types of splitters seem to do really well at.
Thanks for the tips, I'll check these schools out on LSN. I'm pretty sure I'm out at Northwestern though.
If you actually got a 170 and have WE, you have a shot at ED at NU. Several people have gotten in with similar numbers, non-URM. Raising your LSAT a point or two would help a lot.

westinghouse60

Bronze

Post by westinghouse60 » Thu May 19, 2011 2:26 am

undergradfail wrote:
Drake014 wrote:

Well I'm aiming to go to a law school near Philly, but I'm obviously out at Penn. And I've heard BU has a hard floor at 3~3.3. Do you think I have a shot at other schools in the T20-30 range?
My intuition is a lot of those schools will see the F's on my transcript and toss out my app right then and there.
Not sure if you were wondering about this or not, but schools who reject you due to your GPA will most likely do so as a result of your cumulative GPA, not any individual grades. At least that's the impression I'm under.

undergradfail

New

Post by undergradfail » Thu May 19, 2011 9:52 pm

Snape wrote:If you want Philly go to Temple. Done! Temple is better for placement in Philly than any of the non-"T20" Schools anyways....If you don't already live in PA move there for a year--get in state--and go to Temple--
Thanks Snape, makes sense to me.

westinghouse60 wrote:Not sure if you were wondering about this or not, but schools who reject you due to your GPA will most likely do so as a result of your cumulative GPA, not any individual grades. At least that's the impression I'm under.
That's actually what I was originally aiming to understand, thanks!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”