Chances of getting into Temple or Villanova

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Chances of getting into Temple or Villanova

Postby ato308 » Wed May 04, 2011 1:43 am

I screwed around my first two years of college. I currently have a 2.5 GPA and scored a 160 on the LSATS. I'm an Eagle Scout, member of Alpha Tau Omega leadership fraternity, and have completed countless community service hours. I also have a great personal statement of being adopted and against all odds earning a bachelor degree in Economics. I was wondering with these credentials what would be my chances of getting into Temple law school or VLS, or any other schools.

Or any suggestions would be great!

Re: Chances of getting into Temple or Villanova

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Wed May 04, 2011 2:06 am

Hopefully you've done some lurking before posting this. My prediction is that you are going to get about 2 pages of replies, almost all of them telling you that you don't stand much of a chance. Various people are going to tell you to retake your LSAT.

If you look at LSN (which I imagine you have), you'll see that there are no records of non-URMs with similar numbers to yours getting into Villanova over the last two or three cycles - the closest acceptances have 2.7x GPAs and slightly higher LSAT scores. Temple seems a little bit more likely, as a 163/2.37 got in there last cycle, but even Temple seems like a long-shot at best.

Your softs sound decent, but softs don't count for much unless they're genuinely exceptional. Many candidates have community service experience - often because they think it will help them get in to law school.

Is it safe to assume that 2.5 is your LSAC GPA? If so, are you willing to retake your LSAT and travel to a splitter-friendly school?

Postby TheFactor » Wed May 04, 2011 3:16 am

The above poster was being nice - Your chances are 0%.

And it's the LSAT not the LSATs.

Postby dpk711 » Wed May 04, 2011 3:19 am

Even if you get in, those two schools aren't worth sticker.

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed May 04, 2011 8:46 am

OP: A 2.5 GPA is quite low and an LSAT score of 160 is below median at both schools. Regardless, apply with an addendum addressing your low GPA & see what happens. I hope that you are admitted to both.

Temple offers attractive in-state tuition rates for Pennsylvania residents.

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Wed May 04, 2011 9:03 am

OP - retake and score above their LSAT median(s).

(otherwise, your chances of being admitted are below 25% at both)

Return to “What are my chances?”