3 different undergrad schools?!?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
dsosah
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:30 pm

3 different undergrad schools?!?

Postby dsosah » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:51 pm

Hello, I am close to graduation and I am considering law school. However I have attended 3 different schools before graduating, my first two years I went to a community college, later I attended art school just to transfer two semesters later to the university where I am now completing my BFA. I have maintained a good GPA throughout, currently I have a 3.85. My question is, supposing I get a strong LSAT score, what are my chances of getting into a top 15 school? Will the fact that I have been to 3 different institutions (including a community college) affect my application? I also don't have any of the "extras" like internships, volunteer work, leadership roles etc; so I am relying basically in my GPA and hypothetical LSATs.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18422
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: 3 different undergrad schools?!?

Postby bk1 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:53 pm

dsosah wrote:Will the fact that I have been to 3 different institutions (including a community college) affect my application?

No. Only LSDAS GPA will matter.
dsosah wrote:I also don't have any of the "extras" like internships, volunteer work, leadership roles etc; so I am relying basically in my GPA and hypothetical LSATs.

That's fine. Just score well on the LSAT and you will have a shot at top schools.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: 3 different undergrad schools?!?

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:07 pm

They won't care, though some may ask for an explanation, but mostly as a way of showing you didn't get expelled

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: 3 different undergrad schools?!?

Postby r6_philly » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:04 am

I have 3 schools including 2 cc's, not an issue at all. As long as you did well and didn't have any disciplinary issues.

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: 3 different undergrad schools?!?

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:12 am

r6_philly wrote:I have 3 schools including 2 cc's, not an issue at all. As long as you did well and didn't have any disciplinary issues.


+1 I thought they'd ask questions about the crappy undergrad I actually ended up graduating from. No one asked and no one cared (including HYS).

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: 3 different undergrad schools?!?

Postby r6_philly » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:15 am

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:I have 3 schools including 2 cc's, not an issue at all. As long as you did well and didn't have any disciplinary issues.


+1 I thought they'd ask questions about the crappy undergrad I actually ended up graduating from. No one asked and no one cared (including HYS).


Yale actually got rid of the "break in academic career" question this year, I think. I submitted more addenda last year than this year.

dsosah
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:30 pm

Re: 3 different undergrad schools?!?

Postby dsosah » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:26 am

Thanks everybody for your answers, really helpful :)




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests