TO ED or not? Decide my fate!

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Rate my odds?

Even w/ Regular Decision: In at all
3%
Even w/ Regular Decision: In at one more
41%
I should ED at: NYU
32%
I should ED at: CLS
21%
Less than a 50% chance of getting in at one of these schools.
3%

Total votes: 34

admisionquestion

Re: TO ED or not? Decide my fate!

Postby admisionquestion » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:13 pm

Desert Fox wrote:You got a shot at a fuck load of money at Northwestern. I wouldn't throw that away for ED at CCN. Especially since ED at those schools are less helpful. CCN don't care about yield.

In fact I don't ED'ing to CCN is a good choice unless you are splitter.

I thought my chances at Northwestern were pretty bad actually. Im straight outa UG. Doesnt one need to be WAY above their numbers if they don't have we?

What kind of money are u talking about?

northwood

Postby northwood » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:16 pm

I would not ED to any of those schools. With your numbers you should be in at a bunch of t14 . apply early and see how it goes. Im sure you will be in at a bunch, and be offered scholarship money at a few.

Visit the schools over the summer and take a look around. if there is one school that you are dead set on- and would be happy to pay sticker and graduate at median- then ED there. If there are 2+ or none- then dont- and let the cycle play out and decide from there. Write a why X essay for all schools that you visit ( or want to go badly) and see how they respond.

pereira6

Postby pereira6 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:18 pm

r6_philly wrote:
pereira6 wrote:See: My cycle. Identical stats. Similar situation with softs/LOR. I have no work experience though, so take that into consideration.

I agree with DF that Northwestern would be a legit option with a good chance of cash. I didn't apply because of my 0 work experience.

I also started a thread in November about EDing to C/N. Although I was waitlisted all over the place, including those schools, I am very glad I didn't. I enjoyed seeing what my cycle gave me, and what kind of $ I had a chance for. ED=No $, which isn't the best scenario.

Not everyone needs to consider $. People who can afford it ED for peace of mind.

True, but I thought the same thing before going through a cycle and learning about all the schools/financial situation. The things I learned from my cycle made me happy I didn't ED.

I'm just generally not a fan of taking options off of the table without knowing all the information haha...but OP has stated money is essentially no issue so your advice of seeing a school before you ED is the best advice one could give.

Postby 09042014 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:21 pm

admisionquestion wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:You got a shot at a fuck load of money at Northwestern. I wouldn't throw that away for ED at CCN. Especially since ED at those schools are less helpful. CCN don't care about yield.

I thought my chances at Northwestern were pretty bad actually. Im straight outa UG. Doesnt one need to be WAY above their numbers if they don't have we?

http://northwestern.lawschoolnumbers.co ... ,8&type=jd

No W/E might fuck you, or they might give you the Differ one year then get a fullride deal. But Ithink you may be a little low for that.

You might get 45K at michigan. 50K at Penn. 70ish at UVA if you get past their yield protect. 67 at Duke.

And you like you got a 1/3rd chance at CC and a 50% at NYU RD. And looking at ED at those schools it doesn't seem to change much. I think EDing will give you no boost, yet will limit your choices.

pereira6

Postby pereira6 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:26 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
admisionquestion wrote:

http://northwestern.lawschoolnumbers.co ... ,8&type=jd

No W/E might fuck you, or they might give you the Differ one year then get a fullride deal. But Ithink you may be a little low for that.

You might get 45K at michigan. 50K at Penn. 70ish at UVA if you get past their yield protect. 67 at Duke.

And you like you got a 1/3rd chance at CC and a 50% at NYU RD. And looking at ED at those schools it doesn't seem to change much. I think EDing will give you no boost, yet will limit your choices.

Yes.

For vanilla applicants, ED isn't the biggest of boosts. Just see where your options go, OP. If you ED and get passed to the RD pool or rejected, you are then late to apply to other schools and get a fair shake.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:31 pm

pereira6 wrote:
Yes.

For vanilla applicants, ED isn't the biggest of boosts. Just see where your options go, OP. If you ED and get passed to the RD pool or rejected, you are then late to apply to other schools and get a fair shake.

You can apply to all at the same time. If ED is not supposed to give you a boost, then he might not get in anyway, then at the same time he will be free to pursue whatever other school.

So if ED boost - then he gets the CCN he wants.
If ED doesn't boost - then no effect.

Edited for clarity

pereira6

Postby pereira6 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:34 pm

r6_philly wrote:
pereira6 wrote:
Yes.

You can apply to all at the same time. If ED is not supposed to give you a boost, then he might not get in anyway, then at the same time he will be free to pursue whatever other school.

So if ED boost - then he gets the CCN he wants.
If ED doesn't boost - then no effect.

Edited for clarity

My bad for not totally understanding ED. Thanks for correcting me on that phillyman!

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:37 pm

pereira6 wrote:My bad for not totally understanding ED. Thanks for correcting me on that phillyman!

No problem! Actually if you got into UVA with $$$ before you hear back from ED, you can always withdraw the ED and take the money. OP is not going to need the ED for MVP (because it puts money out of play) so why not use it on a school he really wants, it won't hurt because he wouldn't get any merit money anyway, or highly unlikely.

lovejopd

Postby lovejopd » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:08 am

r6_philly wrote:
pereira6 wrote:See: My cycle. Identical stats. Similar situation with softs/LOR. I have no work experience though, so take that into consideration.

I agree with DF that Northwestern would be a legit option with a good chance of cash. I didn't apply because of my 0 work experience.

I also started a thread in November about EDing to C/N. Although I was waitlisted all over the place, including those schools, I am very glad I didn't. I enjoyed seeing what my cycle gave me, and what kind of $ I had a chance for. ED=No $, which isn't the best scenario.

Not everyone needs to consider $. People who can afford it ED for peace of mind.

Oh my gosh. soooooo cute!! :-) Your child is studying at PENN? :lol:

admisionquestion

Postby admisionquestion » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:02 am

I dont get what your going on about.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:34 am

admisionquestion wrote:I dont get what your going on about.

ED CCN of your choice, and apply everywhere down.

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:46 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
bhan87 wrote:Don't ED. One of CCN should take you and you'll want to use schollies from MVP down to negotiate your aid

Don't see why you think OP would be getting into one of CCN without ed. He is well below LSAT median at every single one of them and is only above median without hitting 75th GPA.

He will definitely snag MVP with $$ though. But if OP is dead set on one of CCN he should ED.

This. Pick C or N and ED. (Does Chicago ED?) Your LSAT isn't doing you any favors in that bracket.

Return to “What are my chances?”