Chances at NYU ED next cycle? 3.95/168, 2yrs work exp

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

What are my chances at NYU ED?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:19 pm

<30 %
1
8%
31-40%
2
17%
41-50%
4
33%
>50%
5
42%
 
Total votes: 12

Theheat633
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:21 pm

Chances at NYU ED next cycle? 3.95/168, 2yrs work exp

Postby Theheat633 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:18 pm

I have a 168 and 3.95, Phi Beta Kappa from Berkeley/Michigan ugrad. I worked two years in marketing at a fortune 500 but decided it's not the right career for me. Very strong LORs.

What are my odds ED? I know it's a long shot given LSAT but I really want NYC corp law, so I'm guessing this is my best play. I'm in the process of studying for a June retake, but I already took all PTs and 169 was my PT avg before getting my 168 in February.

I tried looking at law schools numbers, but I don't know of anyone doing ED specifically/ how much ED actually helps at NYU.

Chance me plz! I'm guessing 30-40% shot ED? Am I way off base? You guys rock! TY! :)

sonervous88
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:27 pm

Re: Chances at NYU ED next cycle? 3.95/168, 2yrs work exp

Postby sonervous88 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:20 pm

Theheat633 wrote:I have a 168 and 3.95, Phi Beta Kappa from Berkeley/Michigan ugrad. I worked two years in marketing at a fortune 500 but decided it's not the right career for me. Very strong LORs.

What are my odds ED? I know it's a long shot given LSAT but I really want NYC corp law, so I'm guessing this is my best play. I'm in the process of studying for a June retake, but I already took all PTs and 169 was my PT avg before getting my 168 in February.

I tried looking at law schools numbers, but I don't know of anyone doing ED specifically/ how much ED actually helps at NYU.

Chance me plz! I'm guessing 30-40% shot ED? Am I way off base? You guys rock! TY! :)


with decent softs i think you'll be good

Theheat633
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:21 pm

Re: Chances at NYU ED next cycle? 3.95/168, 2yrs work exp

Postby Theheat633 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:51 pm

sonervous88 wrote:
Theheat633 wrote:I have a 168 and 3.95, Phi Beta Kappa from Berkeley/Michigan ugrad. I worked two years in marketing at a fortune 500 but decided it's not the right career for me. Very strong LORs.

What are my odds ED? I know it's a long shot given LSAT but I really want NYC corp law, so I'm guessing this is my best play. I'm in the process of studying for a June retake, but I already took all PTs and 169 was my PT avg before getting my 168 in February.

I tried looking at law schools numbers, but I don't know of anyone doing ED specifically/ how much ED actually helps at NYU.

Chance me plz! I'm guessing 30-40% shot ED? Am I way off base? You guys rock! TY! :)


with decent softs i think you'll be good


Thanks. I hope so. lol

User avatar
AreJay711
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Chances at NYU ED next cycle? 3.95/168, 2yrs work exp

Postby AreJay711 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:59 pm

I think you are probably around 50% at NYU. Apps are down this year and idk why they would go up next year.

futurehero
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:01 pm

Re: Chances at NYU ED next cycle? 3.95/168, 2yrs work exp

Postby futurehero » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:58 pm

hmm I think you have a very good chance, way over 50% cuz your GPA is great!
as a member of Phi Beta Kappa also, I am wondering if being in PBK helps chances in law schools.
does it?
is it a significant soft?

FloridaCoastalorbust
Posts: 1302
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: Chances at NYU ED next cycle? 3.95/168, 2yrs work exp

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:07 pm

futurehero wrote:hmm I think you have a very good chance, way over 50% cuz your GPA is great!
as a member of Phi Beta Kappa also, I am wondering if being in PBK helps chances in law schools.
does it?
is it a significant soft?


PBK means nothin imo

Theheat633
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:21 pm

Re: Chances at NYU ED next cycle? 3.95/168, 2yrs work exp

Postby Theheat633 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:19 pm

ya. I figured it didn't. ahha. Good to hear that it looks like I might have an OK shot tho. PPl seemed pretty negative for non-URMS with my numbers in other threads.

User avatar
Patriot1208
Posts: 7044
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:28 am

Re: Chances at NYU ED next cycle? 3.95/168, 2yrs work exp

Postby Patriot1208 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:37 am

Meh, it's going to be tough. I would guess no. 169 I've seen it happen multiple times, 168 not so much.

sven
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:11 am

Re: Chances at NYU ED next cycle? 3.95/168, 2yrs work exp

Postby sven » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:48 am

NYU always takes at least some people ED with these numbers. I'd put your chances at 60-70% if you can write a good essay. I've had your exact numbers and seriously considered applying ED. But FWIW, I decided to retake because I didn't want to risk it.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest