Loyola LA 2.9 GPA 164

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
DreamsInDigital

Re: Loyola LA 2.9 GPA 164

Postby DreamsInDigital » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:25 am

harocutter wrote:Forgot to add, Loyola tuition is 42,500 not 67,000. Even with books and other expenses it's 45,000.

I believe the 67 includes living expenses, which even if you are living at home will not be 0.

I won't be one of the people saying you shouldn't go to law school, if it is what you really want then you should do whatever you can to get there. With that said, it does seem like your expectations might be a little off. If you commit yourself I think you can be successful from most of these schools, but successful doesn't mean working at a large firm making over 100k straight out of law school. You might have to work some lower paid job and struggle financially for a few years, but you can take advantage of IBR during that time. Put in the effort and it will pay off but be realistic.

rose711

Postby rose711 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:43 pm

harocutter wrote:I believe that in the long term Loyola will give me a better opportunity for getting into a large firm. I'm not concerned about the price of tuition, too much, because I know that if I get in I will be one of the 40 students who can get 100+ k jobs. Also, big firms that hire from Loyola will allow you to make over 200,000 after the first 5 years. I also will be living at home and commuting to Loyola which saves me some cash. The point is, a school like Loyola is my glass ceiling and even if I pay sticker price it will give me the best job opportunities available to a guy like me. A 180,000 loan is a small price to pay for a 30 + year career. It seems like people are saying that just because you don't qualify for scholarships you shouldn't attend that school. I say go to the best school you can, work hard and you will be rewarded in the end. Can I get some positive advice lol.

By "positive", do you mean advice that agrees with what you intend to do despite what anyone says?

I'm giving you the soundest advice I can to try to prevent you from making a mistake that is almost impossible to correct.

But I can't force you to listen, so good luck in your future endeavors.

harocutter

Postby harocutter » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:06 pm

HAHA wow does any on here have the ethos to say what there saying?

Return to “What are my chances?”