168, 3.95-4.0-- Do I have a better ED shot at Chi or NYU?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Do I have a better ED shot at Chi or NYU?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:12 pm

Chicago
50%
NYU
21%
Virtually the Same
29%

Total votes: 14

dabird122

168, 3.95-4.0-- Do I have a better ED shot at Chi or NYU?

Postby dabird122 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:12 pm

Next cycle. No preference in the school. Just trying to break T6, and I know it's a lot shot. I'm guessing my shot is only ~30% to get in ED at either? But I figure it's worth a shot.

Just wondering if one of Chi or N were more likely to be slightly more forgiving of the LSAT than the other.

168 was my PT avg, so im leery on retaking.

GPA is from a T20 undergrad. 1 year Tier 2 consulting work experience. Very strong letters of rec. One from MVP Law Prof in a grad level class that I booked 1st of 200 students, if that matters. Strong leadership and community service experience too.

Thanks guys!

splitmuch

Re: 168, 3.95-4.0-- Do I have a better ED shot at Chi or NYU?

Postby splitmuch » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:16 pm

I'd actually guess you have a decent shot at both from what LSN is showing this cycle, but you add2 points to the LSAT and you are sitting pretty. Id bust my ass and retake, you do 172+ and HYS is a real possibliity

EDIT: Seriously, you've already done the hard part getting a 3.95+. Take the test in june so you don't have to worry about assignments and just spend a lot of time prepping and taking practice tests. Its actually pretty learnable and, in your case, a bump could open up some golden doors and, if you averaged a 168 and got a 168, after extra months of practice I don't think there is a big risk of scoring lower. (And alot of the schools will ok at your highest score anyway).

dabird122

Postby dabird122 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:26 pm

Thanks man. My LR is close to perfect (consister -2 or fewer per section; often -0). I messed up on one game in Dec (glass window game), and it kills me. I think I'll try to go hard for the retake in June and do games sections from 05' to present until I'm sick of them. lol. Hopefully that will get me a little faster. Reading comp is a semi wildcard too :/ Guess more passages and Voyager's guide are in my future tho.

I read on the TLS retake guide post that Chicago takes the highest score and NYU averages---so I guess if I do worse (god forbid...so frustrating), I'll just ED to Chi and hope for the best.

Again, I really appreciate the advice!!

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:34 pm

No problem. As a big splitter I wish I could "retake" my GPA so I tend to aggressively advocate retakes for people in the reverse situation. You've put in 3 yrs of work for those grades, take full advantage of them.

Congrats on the GPA so far and GL with your apps!

Return to “What are my chances?”