3.34 174 RD

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Nobody

3.34 174 RD

Postby Nobody » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:04 pm

Hey all, I'm planning on applying in the fall, and while I'm hoping to get all of my applications in as soon as possible, I don't want to do any binding early decision since I want to compare money offers. Like is says in the title, I have a 3.34 GPA and a 174 lsat.

I'm not horribly dead set on any one school in particular, but I'm wondering what range I should consider myself in. On my most optimistic days, I feel like CCN are not my reaches--nothing to count on but not completely out of the question; Penn etc. as safer but still not anything to count on, and Cornell on down as relatively safe. I still can't help but feel that this is a little unrealistic. I've poked around LSN and run my numbers through Law School Predictor, which I kind of assumed was giving me false hopes until I read a bunch of stuff describing it as overly pessimistic for splitters. Am I more or less right in my idea or where I am?

trudat15

Re: 3.34 174 RD

Postby trudat15 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:17 pm

Nobody wrote:Hey all, I'm planning on applying in the fall, and while I'm hoping to get all of my applications in as soon as possible, I don't want to do any binding early decision since I want to compare money offers. Like is says in the title, I have a 3.34 GPA and a 174 lsat.

I'm not horribly dead set on any one school in particular, but I'm wondering what range I should consider myself in. On my most optimistic days, I feel like CCN are not my reaches--nothing to count on but not completely out of the question; Penn etc. as safer but still not anything to count on, and Cornell on down as relatively safe. I still can't help but feel that this is a little unrealistic. I've poked around LSN and run my numbers through Law School Predictor, which I kind of assumed was giving me false hopes until I read a bunch of stuff describing it as overly pessimistic for splitters. Am I more or less right in my idea or where I am?

Apply early and see what hits. I would advise EDing somewhere since I dont think you'll get much money from the t14 anyways (your GPA is well below all of their medians) but who knows. Depends on what your goals are (t14 or bust/looking for $$$$). I think you're out or WL all of CCN if you RD. WUSTL should give you some cash for your LSAT.

FWIW, I had a 174, 3.45 and I ED'd CCN and got in. If I didnt, I'm fairly certain I'd be either on WL or ding. Before I got my ED decision (and I withdrew everywhere) I was in at UCLA and Georgetown and hadnt heard back from the rest.

duckmoney

Postby duckmoney » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:21 pm

ED to CCN is the right answer. Go ahead and apply to all of the T20 that interest you except HYS as backups.

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:22 pm

I would ED CCN but if you need to compare money offers (understandable) make sure you APPLY EARLY and you'll hopefully be able to compare two of duke, Michigan and penn plus cornell and gulc plus if you get lucky maybe one of CCN (not likely without ED in my opinion). UVA is probably out if you RD out of state and Berkley is out with that GPA.

But yeah, APPLY EARLY

Nobody

Postby Nobody » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:51 pm

You guys are awesome, thanks so much. And just to clarify, I'm not under the delusion that I'll get money at one of the t-14, but if I got a seriously good offer lower down in the rankings I'd have to consider it. That plus the fact that I'm not particularly in love with any of CCN makes it hard to ED. Thanks so much for the responses, though. It sounds like I'm exactly where I was hoping.

Postby 09042014 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:53 pm

Nobody wrote:You guys are awesome, thanks so much. And just to clarify, I'm not under the delusion that I'll get money at one of the t-14, but if I got a seriously good offer lower down in the rankings I'd have to consider it. That plus the fact that I'm not particularly in love with any of CCN makes it hard to ED. Thanks so much for the responses, though. It sounds like I'm exactly where I was hoping.

Illinois or Wustl will probably give you 90K over three years.

Return to “What are my chances?”