Law School Chances

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ltronzo1
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:47 pm

Law School Chances

Postby ltronzo1 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:07 pm

Stats:
Bs in Econ from Texas A&M(top 60 per usnews)
Minor in business
Minor in mathematics
GPA: 2.78, in-major: 3.31

Based on my GRE scores(760 math, 650 verbal), I think I could make between 164-168 on the LSAT.

I also have a very good work experience and am vp of a student organization with ~100 members.

Edit:

Couple of other notes:
6 years classroom experience in Spanish(fluent when writing, but not even close when speaking)
about 6 months r of experience in programming with python.
Additional classroom experience with STATA



Do I have a chance at a top 30? Top 50? Top 75?.. I really have no idea what I should look for and I don't want Yo invest alot of time until I do.
Last edited by ltronzo1 on Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lawquacious
Posts: 2037
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:36 am

Re: Law school Chances

Postby Lawquacious » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:17 pm

Come back once you get an LSAT. I think there may be an attached note in the 'Chances' forum that suggests you don't ask about chances until you have a score, but perhaps not. It may be easy to miss if it is there. In any case, since the LSAT is such a critical factor in the admissions process it is kind of pointless to chance you until you have an actual score IMO. With that GPA you are going to need a pretty strong LSAT though to have a shot at some of the better schools. With 165-167+ and a 2.7 GPA (overall is what is generally used for admissions calculations more than major) you might have a shot at breaking T50 or even T30, especially if you apply to splitter-friendly schools. Get your score though, do some research on particular schools, and come back and ask again.

ltronzo1
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: Law School Chances

Postby ltronzo1 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:21 pm

*
Last edited by ltronzo1 on Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dpk711
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: Law School Chances

Postby dpk711 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:24 pm

As previously mentioned, take the LSAT first.
To be brutally honest, your GPA is not good. You are virtually certain to be out at all the t14 except for NU (if you have WE). My best advice is get a 170+ and enjoy WUSTL.

ltronzo1
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: Law School Chances

Postby ltronzo1 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:03 pm

Thanks DPK.. I had no delusions about my GPA, haha..

User avatar
MTal
Posts: 854
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:47 pm

Re: Law School Chances

Postby MTal » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:08 pm

dpk711 wrote:As previously mentioned, take the LSAT first.
To be brutally honest, your GPA is not good. You are virtually certain to be out at all the t14 except for NU (if you have WE). My best advice is get a 170+ and enjoy WUSTL.


THAT is your "best" advice??

User avatar
dpk711
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: Law School Chances

Postby dpk711 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:08 pm

MTal wrote:
dpk711 wrote:As previously mentioned, take the LSAT first.
To be brutally honest, your GPA is not good. You are virtually certain to be out at all the t14 except for NU (if you have WE). My best advice is get a 170+ and enjoy WUSTL.


THAT is your "best" advice??


yes

User avatar
alexonfyre
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:00 am

Re: Law School Chances

Postby alexonfyre » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:25 pm

ltronzo1 wrote:Stats:
Bs in Econ from Texas A&M(top 60 per usnews)
Minor in business
Minor in mathematics
GPA: 2.78, in-major: 3.31

Based on my GRE scores(760 math, 650 verbal), I think I could make between 164-168 on the LSAT.



Is it normal to infer LSAT from GRE? I got a 780/740 in a proctered undergrad practice GRE, and I only got a 166 on the LSAT...

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Law School Chances

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:51 pm

alexonfyre wrote:
ltronzo1 wrote:Stats:
Bs in Econ from Texas A&M(top 60 per usnews)
Minor in business
Minor in mathematics
GPA: 2.78, in-major: 3.31

Based on my GRE scores(760 math, 650 verbal), I think I could make between 164-168 on the LSAT.



Is it normal to infer LSAT from GRE? I got a 780/740 in a proctered undergrad practice GRE, and I only got a 166 on the LSAT...

No, not really. At least he's not the guy who tried to infer his LSAT from an SAT score




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Lmorina126 and 2 guests