I need help!!!!!!

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ijustwannasleep

I need help!!!!!!

Postby ijustwannasleep » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:32 pm

Ok so my stats are 2.94/160 upward grade trend. I had a job for 2 years, in which we raised money for the school. I started a community service fraternity. I have well over 1000 hours of community/volunteer work through the frat. I am currently employed at a top financial firm. And i have a pretty solid PS. My question is should I take the Lsats again in june cause Im trying to go to either Rutgers-newark, Seton Hall, ST. johns and other TIER 2 schools (yea i said tier 2 on TLS whatttttttttupppppppp lol) or should i just swing with what I have now?

p.s. i saw similar numbers of mine on lsn and its a toss up for people with the same numbers. Some people got accepted some got rejected and some waitlisted.

Thanks in advance

bk1

Re: I need help!!!!!!

Postby bk1 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:36 pm

Yes you should retake to help your chances of acceptance as well as help your chances of getting scholarship money.

gwuorbust

Postby gwuorbust » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:49 pm

bk1 wrote:Yes you should retake to help your chances of acceptance as well as help your chances of getting scholarship money.

taxnstuff

Postby taxnstuff » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:56 am

ijustwannasleep wrote: I am currently employed at a top financial firm.

do you hate your job or something

taxnstuff

Postby taxnstuff » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:58 am

and if you dont have to worry about money and can find ways to compensate for the GPA in your application I think you would get into those schools. I have the same numbers roughly (just a tad over 3) and got into pretty much all the crap shoots, but with no money.

gwuorbust

Postby gwuorbust » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:54 am

ijustwannasleep wrote:I am currently employed at a top financial firm.

just saw this. you will almost assuredly be worse off financially going to LS with those numbers than you would be staying at your current firm. if you are rational, don't leave.

NoJob

Postby NoJob » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:50 pm

ijustwannasleep wrote:Ok so my stats are 2.94/160 upward grade trend. I had a job for 2 years, in which we raised money for the school. I started a community service fraternity. I have well over 1000 hours of community/volunteer work through the frat. I am currently employed at a top financial firm. And i have a pretty solid PS. My question is should I take the Lsats again in june cause Im trying to go to either Rutgers-newark, Seton Hall, ST. johns and other TIER 2 schools (yea i said tier 2 on TLS whatttttttttupppppppp lol) or should i just swing with what I have now?

p.s. i saw similar numbers of mine on lsn and its a toss up for people with the same numbers. Some people got accepted some got rejected and some waitlisted.

Thanks in advance

Leave wall street, go to law school. We can always use another lawyer in this world.

FuManChusco

Postby FuManChusco » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:20 pm

NoJob wrote:
ijustwannasleep wrote:Ok so my stats are 2.94/160 upward grade trend. I had a job for 2 years, in which we raised money for the school. I started a community service fraternity. I have well over 1000 hours of community/volunteer work through the frat. I am currently employed at a top financial firm. And i have a pretty solid PS. My question is should I take the Lsats again in june cause Im trying to go to either Rutgers-newark, Seton Hall, ST. johns and other TIER 2 schools (yea i said tier 2 on TLS whatttttttttupppppppp lol) or should i just swing with what I have now?

Thanks in advance

Leave wall street, go to law school. We can always use another lawyer in this world.

and we can always use another troll on the boards...

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:21 pm

ijustwannasleep wrote:I am currently employed at a top financial firm.

You should stay, sounds like a much better solution that taking out debt for LS.

Return to “What are my chances?”