Getting Into Law School with High GPA, but Low LSAT's

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
david.bledsoe

Re: Getting Into Law School with High GPA, but Low LSAT's

Postby david.bledsoe » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:48 pm

I had a 3.74 GPA and 147. Applied in Texas only. Rejected from 4/5 schools. I would suggest trying to get at least a 150 and preferably 155. Wish I would have retaken but didn't want to wait another year to start. A lot of people on this site know a lot more than me, but IMHO I think LSAT is much more important than GPA. Try to get it higher if you can. Good luck.

darwin3

Postby darwin3 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:28 am

Also a Southern New Englander here. By TLS standards, my scores are sub-par (3.6/158; scoring 5+ higher on PTs) and looking for schools in this area is hard but don't let TLS skew your perception of getting in. Not everyone can get 160 and there are schools for those people.

I suggest retake and try to aim for 150-155. With a score in this range you deff. have a chance at WNEC and N.E. Boston, if you get even higher than 155 than you may have a chance at Suffolk and hopefully even Northeastern. I suggest to stay away from the UMass D program....have friends who attended this year only because of terrible LSAT score and waiting for accreditation does not seem like a good idea.

I too am applying out of state where there are more schools with varying admissions standards. So retake, study you ass off, and if that doesn't work...consider re-locating.

gwuorbust

Postby gwuorbust » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:02 pm

darwin3 wrote:Also a Southern New Englander here. By TLS standards, my scores are sub-par (3.6/158; scoring 5+ higher on PTs) and looking for schools in this area is hard but don't let TLS skew your perception of getting in. Not everyone can get 160 and there are schools for those people.

I suggest retake and try to aim for 150-155. With a score in this range you deff. have a chance at WNEC and N.E. Boston, if you get even higher than 155 than you may have a chance at Suffolk and hopefully even Northeastern. I suggest to stay away from the UMass D program....have friends who attended this year only because of terrible LSAT score and waiting for accreditation does not seem like a good idea.

I too am applying out of state where there are more schools with varying admissions standards. So retake, study you ass off, and if that doesn't work...consider re-locating.

Tis not a question of if you can get into a TTT. Tis a question of if you should pay sticker for a TTT.

and the general answer is no.

FuManChusco

Postby FuManChusco » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:13 pm

darwin3 wrote:Also a Southern New Englander here. By TLS standards, my scores are sub-par (3.6/158; scoring 5+ higher on PTs) and looking for schools in this area is hard but don't let TLS skew your perception of getting in. Not everyone can get 160 and there are schools for those people.

I hate this line of thinking.

subtle

Postby subtle » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:07 pm

darwin3 wrote:Not everyone can get 160 and there are schools for those people.

Sure there are. However, with a 142, there are almost no schools. I'm speaking based on my friend's experience. She even got rejected from Ave Maria. Just sayin'.

Postby 09042014 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:17 pm

tm4217 wrote:Is Cooley laughed at by law students/members? I know on here there's tons of ignorant assholes in the "top law schools", but I mean if your not worried about the school and just want your JD is there anything to be ashamed about?

Why don't you stop calling other people ignorant assholes until you do better than a 142. 142 is so unimaginably bad I don't even know how you do that poorly. I couldn't get below a 150 if I was concussed, drunk and getting yelled at.

Don't go to law school, you are too stupid.

FuManChusco

Postby FuManChusco » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:23 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
tm4217 wrote:Is Cooley laughed at by law students/members? I know on here there's tons of ignorant assholes in the "top law schools", but I mean if your not worried about the school and just want your JD is there anything to be ashamed about?

Why don't you stop calling other people ignorant assholes until you do better than a 142. 142 is so unimaginably bad I don't even know how you do that poorly. I couldn't get below a 150 if I was concussed, drunk and getting yelled at.

Don't go to law school, you are too stupid.

I think he needs to look up ignorant in the dictionary...

tm4217

Postby tm4217 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:33 pm

Desert Fox, you are very special for being just SO intelligent...I'm sure you have lots and lots of friends to go along with that

Postby 09042014 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:34 pm

tm4217 wrote:Desert Fox, you are very special for being just SO intelligent...I'm sure you have lots and lots of friends to go along with that

I didn't say I was intelligent, just that I'm not stupid like you are.

I have friends but a disturbing number of them are TLSers which is worse than no friends.

Verity

Postby Verity » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:35 pm

How am I the first person to call flame/troll on this douche?

OP, if I'm wrong, then it's no surprise that you haven't figured out that you should retake.

tm4217

Postby tm4217 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:54 pm

I said that in my very first post that I am...

Verity

Postby Verity » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:55 am

tm4217 wrote:I said that in my very first post that I am...

/thread

Return to “What are my chances?”