3.8x/175+,Non-URM, 4yrWE,chance me for next app cycle please Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
blacklawboss

Silver

Re: 3.81/177, Non-URM, 4yrWE,chance me for next app cycle please

Post by blacklawboss » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:08 am

rotaxkarter wrote:I know its a really short time frame, but is there anything I can do to boost my softs in the next 6 months before the apps go in?

RETAKE!!! :lol: I'M sorry I had to do it! probably full boat at everything 4 and down. strong chance at Harvard $$ and SLS$

rotaxkarter

Bronze

Post by rotaxkarter » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:32 am

blacklawboss wrote:
rotaxkarter wrote:I know its a really short time frame, but is there anything I can do to boost my softs in the next 6 months before the apps go in?

RETAKE!!! :lol: I'M sorry I had to do it! probably full boat at everything 4 and down. strong chance at Harvard $$ and SLS$
haha, retake, I don't think I'll luck out again :)

alexonfyre

Bronze

Post by alexonfyre » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:57 am

Just popping in to let OP know I will be yoinking "Bloat" for my next Berk troll thread.
Thx dude, and with your background you would love Stanford, and Stanford would love you.

jtemp320

Bronze

Post by jtemp320 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:12 am

Just make sure you have a solid personal statement and LORs

that said volunteer work, getting published, getting promoted at work all are nice...but unless they are major something throw on a few months before school probably wont make a difference

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:06 am

jtemp320 wrote:

that said volunteer work, getting published, getting promoted at work all are nice...but unless they are major something throw on a few months before school probably wont make a difference
+1 Volunteer!!! Volunteer in something semi-related to your interests.

At the same time, I agree to work on your personal statement, diversity statement (if you do one), and 250 word for Yale.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rotaxkarter

Bronze

Post by rotaxkarter » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:19 am

BlakcMajikc wrote:
jtemp320 wrote:

At the same time, I agree to work on your personal statement, diversity statement (if you do one), and 250 word for Yale.
Thanks. Where can I get details on what each school needs? Are the applications exactly the same year after year?

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:45 am

rotaxkarter wrote:
BlakcMajikc wrote:
jtemp320 wrote:

Thanks. Where can I get details on what each school needs? Are the applications exactly the same year after year?
Applications basically the same year after year. And most schools have the same app as each other with a few tweaks. You don't really actually need the applications to start working on your material (resume, LORs, PS, DS, Why School X, addendum if needed)

You should be able to get a pdf from their admissions websites. If not, you can email the school and ask for one.

rotaxkarter

Bronze

Re: 3.8x/175+,Non-URM, 4yrWE,chance me for next app cycle please

Post by rotaxkarter » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:14 pm

Last edited by rotaxkarter on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dr. Filth

Silver

Re: 3.8x/175+,Non-URM, 4yrWE,chance me for next app cycle please

Post by Dr. Filth » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:20 pm

If you want a full ride somewhere ED Northwestern next cycle.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”