Is taking the LSAT a 4th time a waste for me? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
SLS_AMG

Bronze

Is taking the LSAT a 4th time a waste for me?

Post by SLS_AMG » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:17 pm

I've taken the LSAT 3 times so far, cancelling once, and then scoring 164 and then 168. I'd love to go somewhere like Michigan or Duke if possible (currently have a 3.82 GPA). Would it be worth it to study and try to improve a couple points in June before next cycle, or would I be better off just trying to maintain my GPA and work on my softs?

ETA: I'd still be more than happy to go somewhere like Cornell or GULC if Michigan and Duke aren't possible (even at sticker, which I know is most likely for all of them even if I am admitted).

LoyalRebel

Bronze

Re: Is taking the LSAT a 4th time a waste for me?

Post by LoyalRebel » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:43 pm

Honestly, at this point I would say that it is a waste unless you think you can do significantly better. In my opinion, one or two points isn't going to be worth it.

But no worries, you can get into some great schools with those numbers!

Magnolia

Silver

Re: Is taking the LSAT a 4th time a waste for me?

Post by Magnolia » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:03 am

If your PT range is consistently in the 170's (or if you can study and get it there), and if you can figure out what's been throwing you off on testing day, then it might be worth a retake.

If your PT range is in the 160's, or lower, then retaking probably isn't a good option.

The lower T14 is possible with your LSAT and GPA, but a 170+ would obviously give you a much better shot.

Return to “What are my chances?”