162/3.4 aa female Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
wishful2012

New

162/3.4 aa female

Post by wishful2012 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:59 pm

hey all-

i have a 3.4 gpa from a national university, with a strong upward grade trend my last 2 years (3.7s) my lsat is lower than i would like (162), but i have good softs:

congressional internships
teach for america
kaplan lsat faculty
lots of work experience/community involvement

basically i have a great resume but my numbers are a little low...as an aa female what are my chances at the t14/20? also, should i apply binding ed to any school or is that a bad idea?

thanks!

FuManChusco

Silver

Re: 162/3.4 aa female

Post by FuManChusco » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:57 pm

wishful2012 wrote:hey all-

i have a 3.4 gpa from a national university, with a strong upward grade trend my last 2 years (3.7s) my lsat is lower than i would like (162), but i have good softs:

congressional internships
teach for america
kaplan lsat faculty
lots of work experience/community involvement

basically i have a great resume but my numbers are a little low...as an aa female what are my chances at the t14/20? also, should i apply binding ed to any school or is that a bad idea?

thanks!
URMs are tough to predict. you could end up at a t6 or you could get shut out of the t14. Unless you really like one of CCN, I probably wouldn't apply ED anywhere. just put together a good app and pray. I'm pretty sure there's been at least a URM or 2 in your numbers range that has snagged Yale. Something in the MVPDNCG range seems more likely though.

wishful2012

New

Post by wishful2012 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:46 pm

thanks for the reply!

the only school in the t14 that i was thinking of applying to ED is gulc, but i don't want to put myself in a position where i'm in at a great school but with no money to make it possible. would it be a better idea to apply ED to CCN over gulc?

bartleby

Silver

Post by bartleby » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:17 am

I don't think the AA bump is enough to break T14.

Edit - actually, maybe though. Probably worth it to drop the cheese and blanket everything after HYS? It is just scary how much applications can cost.

wishful2012

New

Post by wishful2012 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:40 am

bartleby wrote:I don't think the AA bump is enough to break T14.

Edit - actually, maybe though. Probably worth it to drop the cheese and blanket everything after HYS? It is just scary how much applications can cost.
yeah, i have free apps to almost every school in the top 50 because of partnerships with tfa..so i really have nothing to lose (except $12) by applying

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

zomginternets

Silver

Post by zomginternets » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:49 am

wishful2012 wrote:
bartleby wrote:I don't think the AA bump is enough to break T14.

yeah, i have free apps to almost every school in the top 50 because of partnerships with tfa..so i really have nothing to lose (except $12) by applying
If that's the case, apply to as many schools are you can be bothered to do applications for. All schools in your target market and all T-14 schools.. you never know.

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:54 am

I have a 3.78 which makes my cycle somewhat different from what yours will be, but I think that TFA is a really strong soft that might make up for that? (I really don't know. Someone else will probably comment and tell you if that's a reasonable assumption or not.)

Anyway, of the T14, I got Columbia, NYU, Duke, Cornell, and Georgetown with a 162.

So keep that in mind.

Edit: You can check my LSN in my profile for my other schools.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”