3.0/160-Applying now?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
kabar11
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:45 pm

3.0/160-Applying now?

Postby kabar11 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:56 pm

I took Feb test and score just came out. My score went up from 154(2008/12) to 160(2011/02). GPA is 3.0
I plan to apply for Loyola law school evening division and Pepperdine(Although I'm mostly looking for part time as I need to work at the same time). Although the deadlines are April, I know I'm at great disadvantage applying this late.

I would like to apply as soon as I can cuz I'm in my 30s. But I'm also afraid I won't get into any schools in LA.
Is it best to wait till next year or apply anyways?
I hear most people applying late get on waitlist unless they have great score.

I'd appreciate any advice!

tourdeforcex
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:19 pm

Re: 3.0/160-Applying now?

Postby tourdeforcex » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:28 pm

as you said, you are at a great disadvantage applying this late.

if your numbers aren't very competitive (e.g. above 75th percentile for LSAT and GPA), consider waiting until next cycle.

kabar11
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:45 pm

Re: 3.0/160-Applying now?

Postby kabar11 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:19 pm

For Loyola evening program, my lsat score is above median(159), but GPA is below 25%(3.20).
Their 75% numbers are 163 and 3.66.

So most likely, I won't have a chance?

bearsfan1
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: 3.0/160-Applying now?

Postby bearsfan1 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:34 pm

kabar11 wrote:For Loyola evening program, my lsat score is above median(159), but GPA is below 25%(3.20).
Their 75% numbers are 163 and 3.66.

So most likely, I won't have a chance?


Here, somebody showed me this link when I had questions similiar to yours.

http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/wp-co ... ograms.htm

According to the predictor, you're a "strong consider" for Loyola's part-time program. Of course, since it's late in the cycle, that would probably put you at a disadvantage. If I were you, I'd just go ahead and apply, and if you strike-out just because it's so late, just wait until next fall and send them another app.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cavalier1138 and 2 guests