2.94 174 Where am I going...

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
feralinfant
Posts: 887
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:54 pm

2.94 174 Where am I going...

Postby feralinfant » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:48 am

I've got a 2.94, a 170 and a 174. I was sort of hoping for Georgetown but after my retake I'm not so sure. Ideas besides Northwestern?

User avatar
Adjudicator
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:18 am

Re: 2.94 174 Where am I going...

Postby Adjudicator » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:51 am

Your numbers are very close to mine (3.0/175) and I got a big scholarship offer from WUSTL, but other than that I got shut out of T1 all together. Then again, I didn't ED anywhere.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: 2.94 174 Where am I going...

Postby Knock » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:54 am

feralinfant wrote:I've got a 2.94, a 170 and a 174. I was sort of hoping for Georgetown but after my retake I'm not so sure. Ideas besides Northwestern?


Maybe UVA if you ED.

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: 2.94 174 Where am I going...

Postby ndirish2010 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:25 pm

Probably not UVA. WUSTL is almost guaranteed.

I know you didn't wanna hear it, but NU is TCR.

User avatar
MrPapagiorgio
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 am

Re: 2.94 174 Where am I going...

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:27 pm

I assume that since you are saying NU, you have at least 1 or 2 years of work experience. If I assume correctly, then as an echo of the above poster, TCR is NU.

User avatar
feralinfant
Posts: 887
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:54 pm

Re: 2.94 174 Where am I going...

Postby feralinfant » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:15 pm

Adjudicator wrote:Your numbers are very close to mine (3.0/175) and I got a big scholarship offer from WUSTL, but other than that I got shut out of T1 all together. Then again, I didn't ED anywhere.


This sort of terrifies me.

bigkahuna2020
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:12 am

Re: 2.94 174 Where am I going...

Postby bigkahuna2020 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:46 pm

feralinfant wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:Your numbers are very close to mine (3.0/175) and I got a big scholarship offer from WUSTL, but other than that I got shut out of T1 all together. Then again, I didn't ED anywhere.


This sort of terrifies me.


Then you should've sucked less badly for the 4 years in UG

User avatar
LLB2JD
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: 2.94 174 Where am I going...

Postby LLB2JD » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:51 pm

bigkahuna2020 wrote:
feralinfant wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:Your numbers are very close to mine (3.0/175) and I got a big scholarship offer from WUSTL, but other than that I got shut out of T1 all together. Then again, I didn't ED anywhere.


This sort of terrifies me.


Then you should've sucked less badly for the 4 years in UG



Why do you gotta be blunt like that? Easy buddy

Bumi
Posts: 947
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:57 pm

Re: 2.94 174 Where am I going...

Postby Bumi » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:58 pm

IUB if you want to minimize debt.

User avatar
feralinfant
Posts: 887
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:54 pm

Re: 2.94 174 Where am I going...

Postby feralinfant » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:55 pm

bigkahuna2020 wrote:Then you should've sucked less badly for the 4 years in UG


Oh, is that all I would have had to do? Who would have thought...I wish somebody would have told me sooner. Thank you, for finally sharing the valuable piece of information with me.

User avatar
HopelesslyOptimistic
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:36 pm

Re: 2.94 174 Where am I going...

Postby HopelesslyOptimistic » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:00 pm

I think if you have good softs, like were involved in on campus activities as an undergrad, worked, urm, anything like that, it can most definately compensate for your gpa.....a good personal statement works wonders in my opinion and experience

User avatar
Patriot1208
Posts: 7044
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:28 am

Re: 2.94 174 Where am I going...

Postby Patriot1208 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:05 pm

HopelesslyOptimistic wrote:I think if you have good softs, like were involved in on campus activities as an undergrad, worked, urm, anything like that, it can most definately compensate for your gpa.....a good personal statement works wonders in my opinion and experience

campus activities and working during undergrad are good softs?????????????????

forps
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:35 pm

Re: 2.94 174 Where am I going...

Postby forps » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:06 pm

Am I the only one who's thinking he has a decent shot with solid application?

Come on, with 175, you can diminish your GPA a lot better than others.

Your major and rigorousness of your study matters a lot. WE / EC / and other addendum will be nice.

If you have 2.94 GPA and 175 LSAT and don't get into any of T14, there must be something wrong with your application. Definitely.

Work on apps as soon as possible, and submit on the first day which they start to accept applications.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: 2.94 174 Where am I going...

Postby 09042014 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:14 pm

forps wrote:Am I the only one who's thinking he has a decent shot with solid application?

Come on, with 175, you can diminish your GPA a lot better than others.

Your major and rigorousness of your study matters a lot. WE / EC / and other addendum will be nice.

If you have 2.94 GPA and 175 LSAT and don't get into any of T14, there must be something wrong with your application. Definitely.

Work on apps as soon as possible, and submit on the first day which they start to accept applications.


This is wrong. There is only one T14 that regularly takes sub 3.0s, and they require W/E and almost require an ED (if you want to boost your shot).

The top 6 are all out. Duke and Berk too. Penn is a very extreme reach, you basically need an Ivy degree with a damn good explanation. Michigan and UVA are fairly large reaches. They usually don't go below 3.0, but 2.94 is fairly close. Cornell usually doesn't go anywhere near 3.0, but they are bit more unpredictable. Still a huge reach.

Even Gtown doesn't regularly take sub 3.0. ED or PT would be the best bet.

If you don't have a good cycle <3.0, 175 doesn't get you t14.

User avatar
FuManChusco
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: 2.94 174 Where am I going...

Postby FuManChusco » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:50 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
HopelesslyOptimistic wrote:I think if you have good softs, like were involved in on campus activities as an undergrad, worked, urm, anything like that, it can most definately compensate for your gpa.....a good personal statement works wonders in my opinion and experience

campus activities and working during undergrad are good softs?????????????????


you didn't now campus activities add like .5 onto your gpa? where have you been?

User avatar
HopelesslyOptimistic
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:36 pm

Re: 2.94 174 Where am I going...

Postby HopelesslyOptimistic » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:58 pm

I was just trying to say that maybe there are other things he did as an undergrad that he can elaborate on so it doesn't look like he sat on his ass, didn't care about anything, and got a 2.94....I know "campus activities" was vague, but I mean like starting a club, president of an organization, working 30-40/hours a week, etc. It also depends on what school he went to and what he majored in. He's not an idiot, he got a 175, maybe he can write a gpa addendum if he has a good explanation.. Idk maybe I'm clueless, but I don't think he's totally screwed like some of you seem to think...

User avatar
FuManChusco
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: 2.94 174 Where am I going...

Postby FuManChusco » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:10 pm

HopelesslyOptimistic wrote:I was just trying to say that maybe there are other things he did as an undergrad that he can elaborate on so it doesn't look like he sat on his ass, didn't care about anything, and got a 2.94....I know "campus activities" was vague, but I mean like starting a club, president of an organization, working 30-40/hours a week, etc. It also depends on what school he went to and what he majored in. He's not an idiot, he got a 175, maybe he can write a gpa addendum if he has a good explanation.. Idk maybe I'm clueless, but I don't think he's totally screwed like some of you seem to think...


we don't think he's totally screwed. writing some bullshit about how we worked or was fraternity president isn't going to help his app though. that shit is meaningless.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], pantsuitchic and 1 guest