T4 Texas Transfer Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
david.bledsoe

New

T4 Texas Transfer

Post by david.bledsoe » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:31 pm

Hello All,

I am currently enrolled at Texas Wesleyan University (T4) and will be completing my first year after this Spring. I was fortunate enough to earn a 3.5 after my first semester and rank in the 12th percentile. My undergraduate GPA was a 3.75 and LSAT was terrible at 147 (this is why I am at a T4 obviously). However, I had heard that schools are more concerned with your first year law performance for transfer applicants. With this being said, and I can maintain my current GPA and rank (maybe even slip into the top 10%), what are my chances of transferring to the University of Houston (T2)?

Other schools I will apply to transfer are:

SMU (T2)
Texas Tech (T3)
South Texas (T4, but I think it is a more reputable T4, especially since I want to practice in Houston)

In a perfect world, and I get into all four school, would you agree with this ranking?:
1. UoH (I know this is debatable but the tuition difference breaks the tie for me)
2. SMU
3. Tech
4. STCL

Also, in a worst case scenario and I only get into STCL, is it worth it to transfer from T4 to T4? Maybe since I want to practice in Houston?

Thanks.

kalvano

Diamond

Re: T4 Texas Transfer

Post by kalvano » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:37 am

First off, SMU is T1 - represent, yo.

Second, if you want to be in Houston, why are you at Wesleyan? It's an awful school, and not really worth it even for D/FW. I don't know much about transferring, but I would think that UofH is within reach. Aside from that, yes, transferring to STCL would serve you well since it does OK in Houston. Much better than Wesleyan.

david.bledsoe

New

Post by david.bledsoe » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:26 pm

I was waitlisted at STCL and never heard back. Rejected from U of H and Tech because of my terrible LSAT, my only option was Wesleyan. Like I said, I have been more than pleased with my experience there. The only reason I want to transfer is because their reputation outside DFW isn't so great.

LLB2JD

Silver

Post by LLB2JD » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:32 pm

david.bledsoe wrote:I was waitlisted at STCL and never heard back. Rejected from U of H and Tech because of my terrible LSAT, my only option was Wesleyan. Like I said, I have been more than pleased with my experience there. The only reason I want to transfer is because their reputation outside DFW isn't so great.
If you are able to maintain that GPA, you should have more than an average chance at STCL and UH. You could also try UT - just for the heck of it. You never know

RockyIII

Bronze

Post by RockyIII » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:29 pm

This is why everyone on TLS tells people to retake....too late for you though. But if you are sure you want Houston, then U Houston should be your top choice (unless you somehow get into UT)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

RockyIII

Bronze

Post by RockyIII » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:57 pm

Also, you sure you don't mean 88th percentile?

david.bledsoe

New

Post by david.bledsoe » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:03 pm

*Yes, Top 12%

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”