What would I need to get into Harvard?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jacko

New

What would I need to get into Harvard?

Postby jacko » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:21 pm

Going to retake this June, got a 164 last december with insufficient preparation. Have 3.9+, have publication and some conference presentations in my undergrad discipline, college student government (Academic affairs), couple legal internships. Where do I stand?

Knock

Platinum

Re: What would I need to get into Harvard?

Postby Knock » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:24 pm

jacko wrote:Going to retake this June, got a 164 last december with insufficient preparation. Have 3.9+, have publication and some conference presentations in my undergrad discipline, college student government (Academic affairs), couple legal internships. Where do I stand?

There's no LSAT score thats going to make you an auto-admit, but if you get a 173+ you'd be pretty competitive.

rayiner

Platinum

Postby rayiner » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:26 pm

jacko wrote:Going to retake this June, got a 164 last december with insufficient preparation. Have 3.9+, have publication and some conference presentations in my undergrad discipline, college student government (Academic affairs), couple legal internships. Where do I stand?

173 seems to be the magic number for 3.9 GPAs at HLS: http://harvard.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats

167+ would get you T14.

jacko

New

Postby jacko » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:35 pm

What about Stanford, I know their typical applicants are Rhode Scholars or humanitarians that have saved refugees in third world countries, but how do I look for softs?

Knock

Platinum

Postby Knock » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:37 pm

jacko wrote:What about Stanford, I know their typical applicants are Rhode Scholars or humanitarians that have saved refugees in third world countries, but how do I look for softs?

Again, there are no sets of softs that make you an auto-admit for SLS. There admissions are pretty unpredictable, so it's hard to give you an answer here.

Return to “What are my chances??