162/International student

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
junyong1990

New

162/International student

Postby junyong1990 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:21 am

I took LSAT twice and scored 162 in both.
I'm an international student so LSAC would evaluate my transcript, I think they would give me an "above average".
I'm a vice president of a school club and have other volunteer experiences.

Can I make into a T30(though I know it's hard...), like:
BC
BU
UMN
Notre Dame

And I want to know that, in choosing a law school, does location matter? For example, would it be hard to find a job in NY if I graduate from a law school in Ohio?

Grizz

Diamond

Re: 162/International student

Postby Grizz » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:06 am

You will probably get into none of those. Want to be in NY? Retake the LSAT. As in intl. student, this is what matters the most.

junyong1990

New

Postby junyong1990 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:15 am

rad law wrote:You will probably get into none of those. Want to be in NY? Retake the LSAT. As in intl. student, this is what matters the most.

I think you're right....but I really don't know how to improve my score after two 162.... :(

Xnegd

Bronze

Postby Xnegd » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:38 am

Was in your same exact boat: had amazing softs (student ambassador tot he US twice, regularly volunteered for over 16 charities, amazing rec's, etc.), four years work experience with a major legal firm, 3.5 from the top rated public university, Have an MBA, currently in Ireland and thus international, blah, blah blah...

I thought I was a perfect candidate for law school, but got seriously fucking hammered this cycle. It's 100% all LSAT that schools care about, there is no longer any doubt in my mind about it. I was an auto reject for all of them, (besides UCLA, which is super cool in my book) time-wise they never even paused to look at my application...just a waste of fucking money to apply.

Retake, or go to a better market ::cough:: London ::cough::

Grizz

Diamond

Postby Grizz » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:11 pm

junyong1990 wrote:
rad law wrote:You will probably get into none of those. Want to be in NY? Retake the LSAT. As in intl. student, this is what matters the most.

I think you're right....but I really don't know how to improve my score after two 162.... :(

Tons of advice in the LSAT forum bro. You can do this.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances??