162/International student

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
junyong1990

162/International student

Postby junyong1990 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:21 am

I took LSAT twice and scored 162 in both.
I'm an international student so LSAC would evaluate my transcript, I think they would give me an "above average".
I'm a vice president of a school club and have other volunteer experiences.

Can I make into a T30(though I know it's hard...), like:
BC
BU
UMN
Notre Dame

And I want to know that, in choosing a law school, does location matter? For example, would it be hard to find a job in NY if I graduate from a law school in Ohio?

Grizz

Re: 162/International student

Postby Grizz » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:06 am

You will probably get into none of those. Want to be in NY? Retake the LSAT. As in intl. student, this is what matters the most.

junyong1990

Postby junyong1990 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:15 am

rad law wrote:You will probably get into none of those. Want to be in NY? Retake the LSAT. As in intl. student, this is what matters the most.

I think you're right....but I really don't know how to improve my score after two 162.... :(

Xnegd

Postby Xnegd » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:38 am

Was in your same exact boat: had amazing softs (student ambassador tot he US twice, regularly volunteered for over 16 charities, amazing rec's, etc.), four years work experience with a major legal firm, 3.5 from the top rated public university, Have an MBA, currently in Ireland and thus international, blah, blah blah...

I thought I was a perfect candidate for law school, but got seriously fucking hammered this cycle. It's 100% all LSAT that schools care about, there is no longer any doubt in my mind about it. I was an auto reject for all of them, (besides UCLA, which is super cool in my book) time-wise they never even paused to look at my application...just a waste of fucking money to apply.

Retake, or go to a better market ::cough:: London ::cough::

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:11 pm

junyong1990 wrote:
rad law wrote:You will probably get into none of those. Want to be in NY? Retake the LSAT. As in intl. student, this is what matters the most.

I think you're right....but I really don't know how to improve my score after two 162.... :(

Tons of advice in the LSAT forum bro. You can do this.

Return to “What are my chances?”