Fordham possible?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Easy-E

Fordham possible?

Postby Easy-E » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:43 am

Hey everyone. I'm currently in this earliest stages of my long-term LSAT prep, and I just had a quick question. With an unimpressive GPA sitting around 3.2-3.3, is there any LSAT score that could make me a strong candidate for Fordham? I'm not sure how much of a deal-breaker (or maker rather) it is, but I have a very strong upward trend in my grades, finishing the last 4 semesters on the Dean's List with the vast majority of my upper-level courses completed with A's. I plan on writing an addendum to explain the trend, and my unimpressive grades my Freshman year and first year after transfer, but I don't know how much this could compensate for such a poor GPA. Is there any LSAT score that could give me a strong shot, or should I temper my expectations?

mt1042

Re: Fordham possible?

Postby mt1042 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:49 am

I got dinged with your GPA and a 163. You probably need a 168 or better. Good luck

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:49 am

emarxnj wrote:Hey everyone. I'm currently in this earliest stages of my long-term LSAT prep, and I just had a quick question. With an unimpressive GPA sitting around 3.2-3.3, is there any LSAT score that could make me a strong candidate for Fordham? I'm not sure how much of a deal-breaker (or maker rather) it is, but I have a very strong upward trend in my grades, finishing the last 4 semesters on the Dean's List with the vast majority of my upper-level courses completed with A's. I plan on writing an addendum to explain the trend, and my unimpressive grades my Freshman year and first year after transfer, but I don't know how much this could compensate for such a poor GPA. Is there any LSAT score that could give me a strong shot, or should I temper my expectations?

Yes. I got in with a 3.3/172 (3rd try) and even got a small merit scholarship. I didn't have an upward trend or anything.

Easy-E

Postby Easy-E » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:27 am

Eugenie Danglars wrote:
emarxnj wrote:Hey everyone. I'm currently in this earliest stages of my long-term LSAT prep, and I just had a quick question. With an unimpressive GPA sitting around 3.2-3.3, is there any LSAT score that could make me a strong candidate for Fordham? I'm not sure how much of a deal-breaker (or maker rather) it is, but I have a very strong upward trend in my grades, finishing the last 4 semesters on the Dean's List with the vast majority of my upper-level courses completed with A's. I plan on writing an addendum to explain the trend, and my unimpressive grades my Freshman year and first year after transfer, but I don't know how much this could compensate for such a poor GPA. Is there any LSAT score that could give me a strong shot, or should I temper my expectations?

Yes. I got in with a 3.3/172 (3rd try) and even got a small merit scholarship. I didn't have an upward trend or anything.

Thats great to hear. My goal is over 170 (155 on first PT, plenty of time to prep for October LSAT with time and RC section being the biggest dampers, and I had no real prep for either). Thanks to both replies, not sure how to multi-quote on this forum.

How are you liking the school thus far? I hear very good things, I wish I had taken the offer for college there but I didn't know what I wanted to do so I came to Florida :)

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:28 am

I don't actually go to Fordham, but check out the Fordham thread for lots of people who do :-)

Easy-E

Postby Easy-E » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:48 am

Eugenie Danglars wrote:I don't actually go to Fordham, but check out the Fordham thread for lots of people who do :-)

Oh, my mistake. :lol: Thank you!

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:45 pm

BeachandRun23

Postby BeachandRun23 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:01 am

Definitely possible, but you need a 168+ to have a strong shot. Even 168's with less than a 3.3 were getting waitlisted though. So a 169 should make you pretty safe. If you can get the GPA up to 3.3 that would help a ton.

Easy-E

Postby Easy-E » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:01 am

BeachandRun23 wrote:Definitely possible, but you need a 168+ to have a strong shot. Even 168's with less than a 3.3 were getting waitlisted though. So a 169 should make you pretty safe. If you can get the GPA up to 3.3 that would help a ton.

Yeah should be able to finish with A's on 19 credits which should help. Really shooting for mid-170s on LSAT, lots of prep coming up. One of my biggest regrets is not concerning myself with my GPA earlier and subsequently, concerning myself with the boring lower-level courses that killed my GPA.

EDIT: Whoops, I have a 3.3 now. I doubt I can get over 3.4 in one semester though :(

Return to “What are my chances?”