Friend Wants To Know Chances Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
VictrixRapax

New

Friend Wants To Know Chances

Post by VictrixRapax » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:14 pm

He wants Harvard.

He has average-below average softs and no work experience, but he's got a 175 and 3.85.

I think he's in if he applies early. What do you guys think?

fatduck

Gold

Re: Friend Wants To Know Chances

Post by fatduck » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:31 pm

50/50

VictrixRapax

New

Post by VictrixRapax » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:53 pm

fatduck wrote:50/50
Interesting. I know Harvard judges more on work experience than anyone else, but I thought the ED would cancel that out somewhat.

He's a shoe-in at CCN.

TLSNYC

Silver

Post by TLSNYC » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:57 pm

VictrixRapax wrote:
Interesting. I know Harvard judges more on work experience than anyone else, but I thought the ED would cancel that out somewhat.

He's a shoe-in at CCN.
From what I understand, Harvard does not have a binding ED option.

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:59 pm

VictrixRapax wrote:

He's a shoe-in at CCN.
i think zero work experience, and no substantial community involvement, volunteer work, major research, etc. is going to be a problem

he should obviously apply, and do it as early as possible, but i wouldn't be surprised if he got dinged

he has great numbers and will get in somewhere wonderful and/or with a great offer, for sure, but if it's harvard or bust he could be disappointed

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

VictrixRapax

New

Post by VictrixRapax » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:01 pm

fatduck wrote:
VictrixRapax wrote:

He's a shoe-in at CCN.
i think zero work experience, and no substantial community involvement, volunteer work, major research, etc. is going to be a problem

he should obviously apply, and do it as early as possible, but i wouldn't be surprised if he got dinged

he has great numbers and will get in somewhere wonderful and/or with a great offer, for sure, but if it's harvard or bust he could be disappointed
He's in a few clubs with me. He started two, too. No research and no work, though.

Alright. Thanks for the insight. I've been telling him that Columbia and NYU are better, anyway. NYC > Cambridge.

AreJay711

Gold

Post by AreJay711 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:09 pm

VictrixRapax wrote:
fatduck wrote:
VictrixRapax wrote:

He's a shoe-in at CCN.

He's in a few clubs with me. He started two, too. No research and no work, though.

Alright. Thanks for the insight. I've been telling him that Columbia and NYU are better, anyway. NYC > Cambridge.

Sigh, kids these days: afraid to make shit happen.

He can do something right now and get 6+ months of volunteer or research experience which he can hype up to make it look like it means something. It doesn't HAVE to be that damn great, just made to look that way.

VictrixRapax

New

Post by VictrixRapax » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:43 pm

AreJay711 wrote:
Sigh, kids these days: afraid to make shit happen.

He can do something right now and get 6+ months of volunteer or research experience which he can hype up to make it look like it means something. It doesn't HAVE to be that damn great, just made to look that way.
So you think 6+ months of volunteer/rs exp. would get him in?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”