Strong Softs, 164/3.92 December LSAT

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
fatduck

Re: Strong Softs, 164/3.92 December LSAT

Postby fatduck » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:42 pm

Mickey Quicknumbers wrote:
fatduck wrote:always bet on black

FWIW I made 100 dollar bet this spring break on red.

It turned out well

the only exception is if black has been winning a lot. then bet on red.

ATR

Postby ATR » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:43 pm

fatduck wrote:the only exception is if black has been winning a lot. then bet on red.

Racist.

spets

Postby spets » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:49 pm

ATR wrote:
fatduck wrote:the only exception is if black has been winning a lot. then bet on red.

Racist.

Both are URMs - it's a boost either way.

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:36 pm

Rule11 wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:
fatduck wrote:
Jumborific wrote:My folks are helping me out on this one. Debt isn't too big of a consideration thank god.

if your parents are going to pay $250k in loans, why not take out $250k in loans to start a business?

Pft, businesses can fail. Much better to pay 250k in loans you can clear off in a bankruptcy than to pay it for a business that will work return way more should you work equally as much in both choices.

Maybe I misunderstood you (actually, I'm certain I don't understand all of what you said), but student loans cannot be discharged in bankruptcy. Just wanted to make sure nobody was confused (at least on that point) by your post.

Correct. I meant "can't." Either way, the post was not written to make sense.

Jumborific

Postby Jumborific » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:23 pm

gwuorbust wrote:--ImageRemoved--

This shit is gold. I cracked up. Love it. It's even better that this guy kind of looks like Julian Assange.

So perhaps, munching some humble pie. However, Scott Brown, JFK, Michael Dukakis, not exactly a bad crowd as far as well known members of state legislatures. That was my only point, especially compared to states with part-time, non-salaried legislatures.

Got the Yale rejection along with my Columbia Reserve Group today. Can't say I was disappointed about Yale. Saw that one coming from a ways away.

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:25 pm

Jumborific wrote:
gwuorbust wrote:

This shit is gold. I cracked up. Love it. It's even better that this guy kind of looks like Julian Assange.

So perhaps, munching some humble pie. However, Scott Brown, JFK, Michael Dukakis, not exactly a bad crowd as far as well known members of state legislatures. That was my only point, especially compared to states with part-time, non-salaried legislatures.

Got the Yale rejection along with my Columbia Reserve Group today. Can't say I was disappointed about Yale. Saw that one coming from a ways away.

JFK's dead bro

gwuorbust

Postby gwuorbust » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:57 am

Jumborific wrote:
gwuorbust wrote:--ImageRemoved--

hey, got to hand it to you for taking it well. most new posters would freak the fuck out. but in reality, only way I'm going to be able to post real content on this forum is if I can produce some lighter content sometimes as well.

and I am sure that your experiences were great and make for some amazing stories/resume/PS. but you are competing against the best of the best here so everyone has got something amazing to say. Best of luck!!

Jumborific

Postby Jumborific » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:56 pm

Okay, so probably going to end up at GW at this point....However, I ended up on seven waitlists, including HLS, UCLA, Penn and Columbia, all of which I would go to if admitted. Looking back, I realize I was just on the cusp of UCLA's 25th percentile LSAT score, and so I am thinking that being out of state probably worked to my disadvantage.

Would taking some PT's and looking at whether it makes sense to take the June LSAT be a good idea if I don't hear from anyone in May? I would probably start preparing now, and then if by chance I get in somewhere in May, I can just lose my test deposit.

Thoughts?

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:14 pm

Jumborific wrote:Okay, so probably going to end up at GW at this point....However, I ended up on seven waitlists, including HLS, UCLA, Penn and Columbia, all of which I would go to if admitted. Looking back, I realize I was just on the cusp of UCLA's 25th percentile LSAT score, and so I am thinking that being out of state probably worked to my disadvantage.

Would taking some PT's and looking at whether it makes sense to take the June LSAT be a good idea if I don't hear from anyone in May? I would probably start preparing now, and then if by chance I get in somewhere in May, I can just lose my test deposit.

Thoughts?

Seems like a good idea. I wouldn't hold your breath on getting off any of those waitlists. Good luck on the LSAT and next cycle.

Jumborific

Postby Jumborific » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:55 pm

Unless someone at one of these WL schools tells me they will convert my WL into an ED for next cycle, i will not be applying next cycle and will tough it out at GW. Not a bad school at all. Especially if one works hard. Which I do.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:00 pm

If I were you I would send the majority of my applications to the 14-60 schools and maybe select 1 or 2 in the in the lower top 14

If you have strong softs and are a URM you may have a hard to predict cycle. But I think if you decide not to retake you still have a shot at a lot of tier 1 schools.

Best of luck.

blsingindisguise

Postby blsingindisguise » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:01 pm

There's not much on your softs list that will help -- most of them are just by-products of your GPA, and being english-spanish bilingual is about the most common bilinguality (if that's a word) there is.

skers

Postby skers » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:49 am

Jumborific wrote:Unless someone at one of these WL schools tells me they will convert my WL into an ED for next cycle, i will not be applying next cycle and will tough it out at GW. Not a bad school at all. Especially if one works hard. Which I do.

Yep, cause no one else in law school works hard.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:21 am

Jumborific wrote:Okay, so probably going to end up at GW at this point....However, I ended up on seven waitlists, including HLS, UCLA, Penn and Columbia, all of which I would go to if admitted. Looking back, I realize I was just on the cusp of UCLA's 25th percentile LSAT score, and so I am thinking that being out of state probably worked to my disadvantage.

Thoughts?

This is a personal choice. But work those wait lists. I sure the hell would. Softs make great LOCI content.

legaleagle9

Postby legaleagle9 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:54 pm

IMHO, just the fact that your GPA is so fantastic tells me you should study hard, retake, reapply. You can potentially get into HYS with a study/retake/reapply

mattviphky

Postby mattviphky » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:34 am

I'm taking the year off to retake and I don't have near the GPA you do...nor the LSAT score lol. With my GPA there is definitely a ceiling to how high my next cycle will go...but for you, the options are pretty much limitless. Have you considered taking June? This might help you get off some wl if you do significantly better...and if you do in fact do better, I would wait until fall to reapply for more money and seat opportunities. Anyhow, my point is that with a 3.92 GPA, you really should try and study hard for June or October, and after your burnt out on the LSAT, you can chill out and watch the acceptances and scholarships role in...which will be a much better feeling than being in a lot of debt. But how hard did you study for December. If you left it all in the test room than you shouldn't have any regrets and you should go to GW. But did you? Did you prepare as best as you could? If not, consider a retake

mattviphky

Postby mattviphky » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:35 am

*you're *then

Cade McNown

Postby Cade McNown » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:51 pm

*roll

mattviphky

Postby mattviphky » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:28 pm

it's that time of year

Jumborific

Postby Jumborific » Sat May 14, 2011 1:12 am

Was just accepted off of UCLA wait list. How would this change your decision calculus were you in my shoes?

buckilaw

Postby buckilaw » Sat May 14, 2011 1:28 am

Retake and reapply. With a couple more correct questions on the LSAT you could get $$$ at UCLA instead of paying sticker.

Jumborific

Postby Jumborific » Sat May 14, 2011 7:20 am

My folks are paying. This has been covered. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but sticker at UCLA is cheaper and should lead to better employment opportunities than sticker at GW correct?

Return to “What are my chances?”