Late to apply - Should I still do so?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ddacey

Late to apply - Should I still do so?

Postby ddacey » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:55 pm

Last edited by ddacey on Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Curry

Re: Late to apply - Should I still do so?

Postby Curry » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:56 pm

You only need to make one thread.

CalyssaT

Postby CalyssaT » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:31 pm

Last edited by CalyssaT on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:35 pm

ddacey wrote:I kinda thought I would take next year off but have decided that I may as well apply to see if i get into law school. I know I'm applying late in the game.

My LSAT was a 165 and my GPA a 3.2.

This is a crazy list I made that I probably won't stick to.

Indiana
Wisconsin
OSU
Illinois
ASU
Iowa
WFU
Florida
Georgia
Maryland
SMU
Tulane
Alabama
PSU
Missoui
Cincinnati
FSU
Temple
Rutgers
Pittsburgh
Miami
UC Davis
BC
Northeastern

Would I have any chance of getting into any of these schools applying for this upcoming fall or should I wait?

Not too sure about the rest but you would be wasting your money at these schools right now. This list of remaining schools at sticker is rather scary.

redsoxfan2495

Postby redsoxfan2495 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:39 pm

You should also ask if you'll be able to apply to any of those schools on time. What do you still need to do? Do you have a personal statement and a resume ready to go? Do you have two letters of recommendation into LSAC? Have you sent in your transcript? If all you have to do is hit send you might be okay, but if you haven't got everything ready it might be too late.

It might be better to wait for September and get polished apps in early than to throw your apps together at the last second and send them in.

ddacey

Postby ddacey » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:47 pm

Last edited by ddacey on Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:48 pm

It seems like you are rushing just to rush into law school. Don't. You are about to spend 6 figures worth of money and 3 years of your life, this is not something that needs to be rushed.

Do you really want to work in where all those schools are? Are you really just as okay working in Missouri as you are in California as you are in Maryland, Florida, etc, etc? I highly doubt that you are. Law schools, especially the ones you are looking at, are regional. If you were to go to UC Davis you would almost assuredly be working in California after graduation, same goes with all the other schools on that list.

Law school is a huge investment and the benefits are often very precarious (the majority of the students at those schools won't get jobs that have an easy time paying off 100k+ worth of debt). Many of them have handed out most of their loan money already (not that you would necessarily have a shot at loan money to begin with) so you would, in all likelihood, be paying sticker price.

So, long story short, don't apply. Retake the LSAT (this June or this October) so you can get into better schools (or at least get better scholarship offers at those schools). Narrow down where you actually want to practice. Apply in September (if you took the June LSAT) or November (if you took the Oct LSAT). And go to law school next year.

Return to “What are my chances?”