withdraw chances??

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ToneLoc4

withdraw chances??

Postby ToneLoc4 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:29 pm

Last edited by ToneLoc4 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

MrPapagiorgio

Re: withdraw chances??

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:33 pm

Interesting. You will definitely need to explain this in an addendum. Just refrain from crapping on the school you withdrew from. And withdrawing after 3 or 4 days is pretty ridic. I mean you can't even explain that law school wasn't right for you at the time, because you didn't even give law school a chance. If I was an adcomm, I would be very wary of letting you in. Lets face it. You quit. Why would a school give a spot to you over someone else when you have already shown that you break commitments very quickly?

ToneLoc4

Postby ToneLoc4 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:39 pm

well, I guess its not that I hated the school, I had just lived in state my whole life and felt the need to leave and explore for a bit. I felt that a degree from said school wouldn't allow me to do that. That is the reason I left.

northwood

Postby northwood » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:45 pm

If you are going to go that route- you should say you realized you werent prepared for law school, and needed some time to mature and think through your decision ( or something like that) to become a lawyer.

this could hurt your chances though

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:47 pm

northwood wrote:If you are going to go that route- you should say you realized you werent prepared for law school, and needed some time to mature and think through your decision ( or something like that) to become a lawyer.

Do you think it could help in a PS though?

ToneLoc4

Postby ToneLoc4 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:54 pm

Last edited by ToneLoc4 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

northwood

Postby northwood » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:57 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
northwood wrote:If you are going to go that route- you should say you realized you werent prepared for law school, and needed some time to mature and think through your decision ( or something like that) to become a lawyer.

Do you think it could help in a PS though?

maybe- it depends on how its written. If you talk about what you did after you withdrew, without bringing a lot of attentionp to the fact that you matriculated then withdrew 4 days in, it could help. ALthough you need to give a good reason for why you withdrew.

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:59 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Leira7905

Postby Leira7905 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:08 pm

I think a properly crafty PS could be affective in this regard. Like someone above stated, don't rag on the TTT school. Point the finger at yourself, in other words, take responsibility like you would for an addendum. Then try to turn it around to show how leaving actually helped you improve as a person/LS candidate.

I don't think it's a deal breaker if you have the right numbers and deal with it appropriately.... How old are you? If you're still pretty young, I think most adcomms will be forgiving...

Return to “What are my chances?”