Delete

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
rivkah

Delete

Postby rivkah » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:28 am

Delete thread
Last edited by rivkah on Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uzpakalis

Re: First choice UGA, what do you think?

Postby uzpakalis » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:43 am

I don't think you'll get in with those numbers. I'm guessing that you would need at least a 164 with your GPA. Being OOS will not help either. What does being Jewish have to do with anything at UGA? Additionally, I would not attend Tulane. New Orleans is basically the Detroit of the South, avoid at all costs (except for Mardi Gras).
Last edited by uzpakalis on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:36 pm

I think your chance of getting in is 0-1%. UGA is clearly trying to raise their LSAT medians, witness last years 164/165 wall. An LSAT below their 25th and a GPA below their 25th would need some sort of soft miracle to get in this late, add in OOS its almost impossible.

GSU would be an option I think if you could get instate tuition.

wester0

Postby wester0 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:01 pm

Last edited by wester0 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:06 pm

and if UGA is your #1 then consider moving back to GA. In state boost is noticeable and if you could improve your score 5-6 points you should be much better. and you will save yourself $15k in 1L tuition.

OnlyLivingBoyinNY

Postby OnlyLivingBoyinNY » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:36 pm

uzpakalis wrote:Additionally, I would not attend Tulane. New Orleans is basically the Detroit of the South, avoid at all costs (except for Mardi Gras).

Whoa whoa whoa. I don't care if you rag on Tulane, but don't start talking sh*t about New Orleans. It's a beautiful city with great people, no matter what time of the year. You can actually get a better feel for the city when you don't go during Mardi Gras. If you have ridden a bicycle through uptown in the past couple years, you would know that saying something like that is just not true.

uzpakalis

Postby uzpakalis » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:11 pm

OnlyLivingBoyinNY wrote:
uzpakalis wrote:Additionally, I would not attend Tulane. New Orleans is basically the Detroit of the South, avoid at all costs (except for Mardi Gras).

Whoa whoa whoa. I don't care if you rag on Tulane, but don't start talking sh*t about New Orleans. It's a beautiful city with great people, no matter what time of the year. You can actually get a better feel for the city when you don't go during Mardi Gras. If you have ridden a bicycle through uptown in the past couple years, you would know that saying something like that is just not true.

There are no jobs, so I'm assuming one would not be riding that bicycle to work. The population has decreased in size by something like 25% over the last few years. Corporations and businesses are leaving in mass, plus that whole BP thing didn't help the cause. Unfortunately, New Orleans is the new Galveston.

OnlyLivingBoyinNY

Postby OnlyLivingBoyinNY » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:29 pm

uzpakalis wrote:
OnlyLivingBoyinNY wrote:

There are no jobs, so I'm assuming one would not be riding that bicycle to work. The population has decreased in size by something like 25% over the last few years. Corporations and businesses are leaving in mass, plus that whole BP thing didn't help the cause. Unfortunately, New Orleans is the new Galveston.

Right right. Nobody works in New Orleans. Everybody just sips sweet tea on their porch. I suppose all of the law professors are also unemployed, along with everybody at the law firms in New Orleans. When tourists visit, they boil water from Lake Ponchartrain over campfires in the French Quarter, where post-apocalyptic gunfire buries the streets.

Also, what's with the ominous comparisons of New Orleans to other cities you also happen to not like? Galveston and New Orleans are really very little alike, aside from being port cities in the Gulf (please don't use the word hurricane, because every port city on the Gulf has been affected by hurricanes at some point). New Orleans' population may have declined to under 400,000, but Galveston's population is only in the ballpark of 50,000.

uzpakalis

Postby uzpakalis » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:54 pm

I suppose all of the law professors are also unemployed

I apologize, everyone knows that the employment figures for law professors are a good indication of the overall economy.

along with everybody at the law firms in New Orleans.

Who are the lawyers going to work for when the businesses are gone and the city is underwater?

When tourists visit, they boil water from Lake Ponchartrain over campfires in the French Quarter, where post-apocalyptic gunfire buries the streets.

That is the basic picture that lil wayne paints, thank you for letting us know he still has street cred.

Also, what's with the ominous comparisons of New Orleans to other cities you also happen to not like?

I do not dislike New Orleans, I am being objective.

Galveston and New Orleans are really very little alike, aside from being port cities in the Gulf (please don't use the word hurricane, because every port city on the Gulf has been affected by hurricanes at some point). New Orleans' population may have declined to under 400,000, but Galveston's population is only in the ballpark of 50,000.

New Orleans is the new Galveston.

OnlyLivingBoyinNY

Postby OnlyLivingBoyinNY » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:44 pm

Great rebuttal.

MrKappus

Postby MrKappus » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:46 pm

If you want UGA you have to learn how to spell "y'all." It's a really important word down there.

jwrash

Postby jwrash » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:29 am

MrKappus wrote:If you want UGA you have to learn how to spell "y'all." It's a really important word down there.

mez06

Postby mez06 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:35 am

uzpakalis wrote:
I suppose all of the law professors are also unemployed

I apologize, everyone knows that the employment figures for law professors are a good indication of the overall economy.

along with everybody at the law firms in New Orleans.

Who are the lawyers going to work for when the businesses are gone and the city is underwater?

When tourists visit, they boil water from Lake Ponchartrain over campfires in the French Quarter, where post-apocalyptic gunfire buries the streets.

That is the basic picture that lil wayne paints, thank you for letting us know he still has street cred.

Also, what's with the ominous comparisons of New Orleans to other cities you also happen to not like?

I do not dislike New Orleans, I am being objective.

Galveston and New Orleans are really very little alike, aside from being port cities in the Gulf (please don't use the word hurricane, because every port city on the Gulf has been affected by hurricanes at some point). New Orleans' population may have declined to under 400,000, but Galveston's population is only in the ballpark of 50,000.

New Orleans is the new Galveston.

Nicely written.

francisConn

Postby francisConn » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:38 am

jwrash wrote:
MrKappus wrote:If you want UGA you have to learn how to spell "y'all." It's a really important word down there.

TITCR

The difference between an educated Texan and an uneducated Texan isn't that one uses y'all and the other doesn't, the difference is that one knows where the apostrophe goes. The same probably holds for Georgia.

Return to “What are my chances?”