Should I retake in February?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Should I retake

retake
50%
stay the course
50%

Total votes: 8

unc0mm0n1

Should I retake in February?

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:48 pm

Should I retake in February? Ok a little history I was in the army overseas. I attempted to take the LSAT three different times and each time something came up (deployment, family emergency) so I was only able to take it once in Paris which is 300miles from my house and I had to work late that Friday (Army doesn't really care about the LSAT). I got a respectable 165 and I've been admitted to some really good schools so far. I just wanted to know if retaking it February is a worthwhile endeavor, I'm trying to increase the score basically to negotiate scholarships or if NYU or Chicago wait list me. In my last 4 practice tests so far I've gotten 3 168's and 1 167. Is a three point increase worth it? If I get worse will it affect my chances at those schools I'm waiting for or will it affect my scholarship chances? Do they automatically get the score or do I have to request they get it?

rebexness

Re: Should I retake in February?

Postby rebexness » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:12 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unc0mm0n1

Re: Should I retake in February?

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:25 pm

rebexness wrote:If you have to ask you probably should, IMHO.

However your score isn't bad.

More importantly, isn't it too late to register?

sorry I thought I put it down, I already registered for it. just wanted to know if it was a waste of time or if it could actually be helpful or harmful. plus some one had told me registering for the LSAT puts your apps on hold that is a lie, I just got accepted into UNC today and that's the 7th admit I've received since I registered for the LSAT (including 2 t15)

Return to “What are my chances?”