whatever Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
fart mcstevens

New

whatever

Post by fart mcstevens » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:39 am

I think I might be having second thoughts about not applying to Cornell, but the deadline for applying was two days ago. I hadn't gotten a fee waiver and had decided that I wasn't interested enough to pay the app fee. Suddenly I've had a completely unexpected change of heart about it.

Some schools websites say that they try to review applications sent after the deadline but they can't guarantee it, but Cornell's just states the deadline. The LSAC application is still available, though. I have a 163/167 and a 4.0., so if I go through the whole process and pay for it at this point, two days after the due date, what is likely to happen as far as having my app read and/or acceptance?

And I know lots of people on these forums will be really excited to say stuff like "LOL YOU DIDNT APPLY TO CORNELL DURH RETARD", but whatever. I just want to know what people think the possibilities are.

Spanks

D. H2Oman

Platinum

Re: whatever

Post by D. H2Oman » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:44 am

fart mcstevens wrote:I think I might be having second thoughts about not applying to Cornell, but the deadline for applying was two days ago. I hadn't gotten a fee waiver and had decided that I wasn't interested enough to pay the app fee. Suddenly I've had a completely unexpected change of heart about it.

Some schools websites say that they try to review applications sent after the deadline but they can't guarantee it, but Cornell's just states the deadline. The LSAC application is still available, though. I have a 163/167 and a 4.0., so if I go through the whole process and pay for it at this point, two days after the due date, what is likely to happen as far as having my app read and/or acceptance?

And I know lots of people on these forums will be really excited to say stuff like "LOL YOU DIDNT APPLY TO CORNELL DURH RETARD", but whatever. I just want to know what people think the possibilities are.

Spanks

Edited for douche

fart mcstevens

New

Post by fart mcstevens » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:08 am

Why? Which part makes me a douche?

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:07 am

That you signed it spanks

fart mcstevens

New

Post by fart mcstevens » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:42 pm

Any real answers? Anybody?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NYCbound35

Bronze

Post by NYCbound35 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:37 pm

People who applied RD before Thanksgiving (like me), just went complete a few days ago. LSN shows that we'll be hearing from them mid-March at the earliest. If you're applying this late, I wouldn't be surprised if you heard back well into May (or later). If you weren't interested enough to apply back then, will you be interested enough when you've (almost certainly) shelled out $1000 in deposits for another school.

And all of this is assuming they even accept your application.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:41 pm

What do you want? If you apply and they look at it, cool, if not, you wasted your money. What else is there to say?

bostlaw

Bronze

Post by bostlaw » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:42 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:That you signed it spanks
damn beat me to it

fart mcstevens

New

Post by fart mcstevens » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:55 pm

What I wanted to know was if anyone knew whether I could be certain that they would NOT look at it, or if there is some common understanding that all schools will look at apps sent after the deadline if they can.

So if anyone has an answer to that question, that would be great. If you just want to tell me "either x or not x" then fine, but I took symbolic logic so I'm hip to that information - thanks anyway, rad law.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

The Gentleman

Silver

Post by The Gentleman » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:00 pm

Why not send the office an email? Or call them? And wtf is up with Spanks? That's the worst sign off since "MW."

fart mcstevens

New

Post by fart mcstevens » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:13 pm

I thought was an awesome sign-off. Way better than any other sign-off ever used by anyone anywhere. It rhymes with "thanks" and it is like really really funny. What more could you want? I guess all of you just don't know anything about good sign-offs.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:42 pm

Just send it. If you have the $60 or whatever, there isn't really a downside.

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:56 am

rad law wrote:Just send it. If you have the $60 or whatever, there isn't really a downside.
The agony of waiting forever (especially with Cornell).

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

bostlaw

Bronze

Post by bostlaw » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:27 am

fart mcstevens wrote:I thought was an awesome sign-off. Way better than any other sign-off ever used by anyone anywhere. It rhymes with "thanks" and it is like really really funny. What more could you want? I guess all of you just don't know anything about good sign-offs.
we are aware that it rhymes with thanks

appstoapps

New

Post by appstoapps » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:38 am

I didn't apply past any school's deadline, but did apply to WUSTL and Emory around Jan 28 last year. They both accepted me about a week later. Chances are they'll look at you and let you know relatively quickly (if you're in, that is, WL may take a lot longer). I also got the impression that they reviewed me sooner because my LSAT was near their cut off.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:27 pm

appstoapps wrote:I didn't apply past any school's deadline, but did apply to WUSTL and Emory around Jan 28 last year. They both accepted me about a week later. Chances are they'll look at you and let you know relatively quickly (if you're in, that is, WL may take a lot longer). I also got the impression that they reviewed me sooner because my LSAT was near their cut off.
Cornell will make you wait forever.

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:25 am

Last year, I don't know if Cornell even accepted anyone who applied after a certain date. It seemed to be one massive reserve pile.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:44 am

I applied mid december to Cornell and I'm still not even close to complete. I'm expecting to hear in another 3-4 months. If you applied recently I can only guess at the eternal wait you have to undergo...

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:33 pm

I'm complete at Cornell as of 2/2. I applied Nov. 26.

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:10 pm

Still no movement. Still processing 12/21. Ugh.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”