161/ 2.84/ URM

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
UTorBust

161/ 2.84/ URM

Postby UTorBust » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:16 pm

Just wondering what my chances are for University of Texas.

2.84 (I had to work both a full time job and a part time job while in school full time to support my family)
Native American (with proof of my tribal affiliation)
Texas resident
Officer in a couple academic organizations in school
Been out of school for about 5 years now and have been working full time since graduation

Do I have any chance at all? If not, what's the best school I should aim for? I would like to stay in Texas but I am willing to go out of state.

tas817

Re: 161/ 2.84/ URM

Postby tas817 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:50 pm

Is Native American a strong URM category in Texas? I live in FL and I am Cuban which in this state doesn't count as URM, just woundering if it is similar for Native Americans in Texas?

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:51 pm

tas817 wrote:Is Native American a strong URM category in Texas? I live in FL and I am Cuban which in this state doesn't count as URM, just woundering if it is similar for Native Americans in Texas?

Cuban's don't count as URMs anywhere strictly speaking, although they may receive a tiny "other hispanic" boost. Native Americans, on the other hand, count as URMs everywhere.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:58 pm

You have an almost nonexistent chance at UT (for reference, according to the last cycle they gave info for they admitted only 3 people out of over 500 who applied with GPA's under 3.0). Data from: http://officialguide.lsac.org/Release/S ... AC6882.pdf

Is it worth applying to UT? I guess, I mean you are a URM and a Texas resident so if anything would help it would be those things. But it is about as likely as winning the lottery for your numbers, so don't get your hopes up.

The best school you could get into would probably be Northwestern ED. I'm not sure if a 161 is going to cut it there but in general you should retake the LSAT to help your chances everywhere.

Return to “What are my chances?”