2.74/161/Softs (WE and Grad School) Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
TommyK

Silver

Re: 2.74/161/Softs (WE and Grad School)

Post by TommyK » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:07 pm

fragged wrote:I think you sold yourself short. You went for both extremes... Northwestern, then bottom of the T2.

Why didn't you apply anywhere in the middle?

You could have a solid shot at Case Western, Lewis & Clark, etc.

I would at least shoot an app to Case.
40k+ tuition? no thanks. Apply for some public schools in that range where you can go in-state the second year.

fragged

Bronze

Post by fragged » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:10 am

TommyK wrote:
fragged wrote:I think you sold yourself short. You went for both extremes... Northwestern, then bottom of the T2.

40k+ tuition? no thanks. Apply for some public schools in that range where you can go in-state the second year.
Case gives a ton of scholarships out, he may be able to beat the in-state tuition rates by scoring and keeping a nice scholly. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:06 am

fragged wrote:
TommyK wrote:

Case gives a ton of scholarships out, he may be able to beat the in-state tuition rates by scoring and keeping a nice scholly. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.
They do give out some scholarships. I applied and was disappointed by a 15k/yr scholarship and I had 2.95/167/5 yrs of WE/graduate degree. So he may get more and one shouldn't use my numbers as the divining rod of what he would get, but if anything, my comparison point should indicate that it doesn't look good.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”