Accepted to the following schools so far (all T14-T22). What Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
bk1

Diamond

Re: Accepted to the following schools so far (all T14-T22). What

Post by bk1 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:14 pm

SupraVln180 wrote:I'm saying he should be grateful he got in with those numbers, not necessarily he should be grateful in general, although he should. Regardless, it is highly unlikely he is getting into any higher ranked schools with his current numbers. OP just wants everyone to know his successful cycle by posting it a million times, I doubt he will retake, although he has to if he wants CCN.
Yeah pretty luck with those numbers as non-URM.

He should retake because the chance at getting T6 or even T10 is pretty worth it.

Not paying enough attention to see if OP is merely being an attention whore.

SupraVln180

Silver

Post by SupraVln180 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:16 pm

bk187 wrote:
SupraVln180 wrote:I'm saying he should be grateful he got in with those numbers, not necessarily he should be grateful in general, although he should. Regardless, it is highly unlikely he is getting into any higher ranked schools with his current numbers. OP just wants everyone to know his successful cycle by posting it a million times, I doubt he will retake, although he has to if he wants CCN.
Yeah pretty luck with those numbers as non-URM.

He should retake because the chance at getting T6 or even T10 is pretty worth it.

Not paying enough attention to see if OP is merely being an attention whore.
OP is "other hispanic" though, so he probably did get some kind of boost, it seems like quite a few are this cycle (check out Paisaa on LSN).

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/paisaaa/jd

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:18 pm

SupraVln180 wrote:OP is "other hispanic" though, so he probably did get some kind of boost, it seems like quite a few are this cycle (check out Paisaa on LSN).

I see. That LSN person seems like she has a stick up her ass:

"1/5 -- Out at UVA via (rude) email."

Rude? Who the fuck does she think she is?

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:20 pm

What are we talking about?

SupraVln180

Silver

Post by SupraVln180 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:20 pm

bk187 wrote:
SupraVln180 wrote:OP is "other hispanic" though, so he probably did get some kind of boost, it seems like quite a few are this cycle (check out Paisaa on LSN).

hah yeah I noticed that, either way she had a fucking phenominal cycle. Berkeley, Michigan or Cornell is not a bad decision to have.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:24 pm

bk187 wrote:

+1

masterthearts

Bronze

Post by masterthearts » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:46 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
masterthearts wrote:
Montevillian wrote:Basically? You've got no chance. I mean that nicely, but you should know that LSAT score is ridiculously low for any T14, especially CCN. If you're dead set on CCN, you're going to have to retake.
Well, everyone was telling me there is no way I'm getting into any T14 school, and I got into one so far. Another guy with stats IDENTICAL to mine got in to U Mich ED.
So, i think there is some hope, but don't know how much hope I should have
You've posted your "Cinderella story" a million times in a million different places. The responses aren't going to change. You're extraordinarily lucky to have been accepted to those schools. That being said, if your attitude is CCN-or-bust, you will have to retake.
What exactly is CCN..are we talking Chicago, Northwestern and Columbia?
I don't want chicago and didn't even appy to northwestern. I am hoping for Columbia, however. Even if I retake in June, there is no guarantee Columbia will accept me. So, maybe I'll just be grateful for what I have. you're right

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:50 pm

masterthearts wrote:What exactly is CCN..are we talking Chicago, Northwestern and Columbia?
I don't want chicago and didn't even appy to northwestern. I am hoping for Columbia, however. Even if I retake in June, there is no guarantee Columbia will accept me. So, maybe I'll just be grateful for what I have. you're right
CCN = Columbia,Chicago,NYU

Chicago is definitely worth it even if you don't want to work in Chicago.

NU is also worth it even if you don't want to work there but it's nigh impossible to get in without work experience.

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:53 pm

bk187 wrote:
masterthearts wrote:What exactly is CCN..are we talking Chicago, Northwestern and Columbia?
CCN = Columbia,Chicago,NYU

Chicago is definitely worth it even if you don't want to work in Chicago.

NU is also worth it even if you don't want to work there but it's nigh impossible to get in without work experience.
How much we is needed?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:56 pm

Miracle wrote:How much we is needed?
Assuming you're above one of their medians, the TLS answer is 1 year full-time post graduation, counted up until matriculation, but I have my doubts that it is sufficient.

From memory of NU class statistics:

5% - 0 years w/e (this people have amazing numbers)
15% - 1 year
40% - 2
40% - 3+

To me that 15% for 1 year creates an awfully small window for somebody trying to get NU so I feel that 1 year is still iffy.

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:00 pm

bk187 wrote:
Assuming you're above one of their medians, the TLS answer is 1 year full-time post graduation, counted up until matriculation, but I have my doubts that it is sufficient.

15% - 1 year
40% - 2
40% - 3+

To me that 15% for 1 year creates an awfully small window for somebody trying to get NU so I feel that 1 year is still iffy.
I have two as of right now. I should of applied there

SupraVln180

Silver

Post by SupraVln180 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:02 pm

Miracle wrote:
bk187 wrote:

15% - 1 year
40% - 2
40% - 3+

I have two as of right now. I should of applied there

when people say WE does that mean professional work experience only? I know working at subway doesn't count, but what about working in Healthcare? Like a nursing assistant at a hospital or something.
Last edited by SupraVln180 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:03 pm

Miracle wrote:I have two as of right now. I should of applied there
Because I remember your stats from the other thread, yes.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:04 pm

SupraVln180 wrote:when people say WE does that mean professional work experience only? I know working at subway doesn't count, but what about working in Health-Care? Like a nursing assistant at a hospital or something.
No. NU doesn't care what you do as long as it is full time and after graduation (so working during the summer or through school doesn't count, though from what I've seen it probably help a bit).

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:05 pm

bk187 wrote:
SupraVln180 wrote:when people say WE does that mean professional work experience only? I know working at subway doesn't count, but what about working in Health-Care? Like a nursing assistant at a hospital or something.
No. NU doesn't care what you do as long as it is full time and after graduation (so working during the summer or through school doesn't count, though from what I've seen it probably help a bit).
well that sucks i worked full time during my last two years of undergrad but i finished late

SupraVln180

Silver

Post by SupraVln180 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:06 pm

bk187 wrote:
So the fact that I worked 30-40 hours a week during UG at a hospital doesn't count for NU? That's whack, I didn't apply there b/c my numbers suck and I wasn't sure.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:07 pm

Miracle wrote:well that sucks i worked full time during my last two years of undergrad but i finished late
Maybe it'll help but I don't think so.

The question on their app is really specific about full time post grad work. It has a drop down box for the amount of years and I have never seen any other app ask this specifically.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:15 pm

bk187 wrote:
Miracle wrote:well that sucks i worked full time during my last two years of undergrad but i finished late
Maybe it'll help but I don't think so.

The question on their app is really specific about full time post grad work. It has a drop down box for the amount of years and I have never seen any other app ask this specifically.
I'll go check it out right now.

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:24 pm

It says "how much full time employment ....will you have at entrance"?

and then ask about after graduation?

I don't think they care much to be honest with you.

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:26 pm

and they allow you to write 3 essays + your personal statement. Awesome!

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:27 pm

Miracle wrote:It says "how much full time employment ....will you have at entrance"?

and then ask about after graduation?

I don't think they care much to be honest with you.
I may have misread/misremembered it. Actually I realize now why I thought that:
NU Law wrote:We base our admissions decisions on more than just test scores. Long-term, our goal is that all entering students will have at least two years of post-college work experience—another factor that helps us determine their motivation and ability to thrive in law school and beyond.
http://www.law.northwestern.edu/admissions/profile/

ETA: Admittedly they say long term, so 1 year is probably more okay at the moment than it will be and maybe pre/during-college is more okay as well. Who knows.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:15 pm

bosox777 wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:
SupraVln180 wrote:OP is hispanic, so that makes his chances better and so was the guy who got into Michigan with a 3.8/163. However, your chances are not good. You got into like 4 reaches already, be grateful and don't get greedy, go to Georgetown and enjoy it, alot of people from our background won't get that opportunity so take advantage.
A lot of people from all backgrounds don't get that opportunity so I don't get what exactly that means anyways.
Exactly. Enough of this URM nonsense. My mother died when I was 3 and my father raised 4 kids by himself. He remained working and never even considered asking for government aid. But we did not struggle because we are white? BS
I don't want to get into a discussion on affirmative action, especially because my opinions on it aren't totally formed, but it isn't about individuals, its about the larger pattern. There are plenty of black people in a higher socioeconomic place than you and the average white person, but by and large black people are much worse off, for a lot of reasons, many institutional. It isn't about you or some random hispanic dude on the internet.
By and large, I'd say poor people experience extreme challenges and obstacles in gaining a higher education. What boost do they get exactly?

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:19 pm

FiveSermon wrote:By and large, I'd say poor people experience extreme challenges and obstacles in gaining a higher education. What boost do they get exactly?
There's a big sign at the top of the on-topic forums saying don't debate AA.

Cut that shit out as this really isn't the place for it.

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:52 pm

bk187 wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:By and large, I'd say poor people experience extreme challenges and obstacles in gaining a higher education. What boost do they get exactly?

Interesting how you only singled out me. I guess that says a lot about your viewpoint concerning AA which isn't a big surprise from your profile. Anyways thanks for the heads up, I'll cut "that shit" out.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:13 pm

FiveSermon wrote:
bk187 wrote:

Interesting how you only singled out me. I guess that says a lot about your viewpoint concerning AA which isn't a big surprise from your profile. Anyways thanks for the heads up, I'll cut "that shit" out.
Congrats on sounding like a giant idiot on many fucking levels.

I singled you out because I happened to notice your post and hadn't closely read the others.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”