Splitter chances at BU? (2.9/171)

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Anacreon

Splitter chances at BU? (2.9/171)

Postby Anacreon » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:12 am

According to LSN, my chances aren't so good. This is strange, considering peer schools are splitter friendly.

D-hops

Re: Splitter chances at BU? (2.9/171)

Postby D-hops » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:14 am

Anacreon wrote:According to LSN, my chances aren't so good. This is strange, considering peer schools are splitter friendly.

Generally the most splitter friendly schools you will find are in the midwest - NU, Illinois, WUSTL to name a few. It is probably worth throwing apps at some or all of those schools.

Anacreon

Postby Anacreon » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:15 am

D-hops wrote:
Anacreon wrote:According to LSN, my chances aren't so good. This is strange, considering peer schools are splitter friendly.

Generally the most splitter friendly schools you will find are in the midwest - NU, Illinois, WUSTL to name a few. It is probably worth throwing apps at some or all of those schools.

I've been trying to get some feedback on a potential app. to GWU but have only heard anecdotal evidence thus far. My desire is to stay on the East coast OR be in Chicago.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:16 am

Being splitter friendly has nothing to do with what the school's peers are and more to do with the attitudes of the dean of admissions and the office that he or she runs.

These schools happen to be focused in the midwest, though I think that is more of a coincidence than anything.

D-hops

Postby D-hops » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:17 am

Anacreon wrote:
D-hops wrote:

I've been trying to get some feedback on a potential app. to GWU but have only heard anecdotal evidence thus far. My desire is to stay on the East coast OR be in Chicago.

An ED at Northwestern gives you a decent shot at getting in. They take a number of sub 3.0 but over 170 splitters.

Anacreon

Postby Anacreon » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:17 am

bk1 wrote:

Being splitter friendly has nothing to do with what the school's peers are and more to do with the attitudes of the dean of admissions and the office that he or she runs.

These schools happen to be focused in the midwest, though I think that is more of a coincidence than anything.

So...not so great chances?

bk1

Postby bk1 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:18 am

Anacreon wrote:I've been trying to get some feedback on a potential app. to GWU but have only heard anecdotal evidence thus far. My desire is to stay on the East coast OR be in Chicago.

GW seems to be fairly friendly to splitters though BU definitely isn't as they only let in two people below 3.3.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:18 am

D-hops wrote:An ED at Northwestern gives you a decent shot at getting in. They take a number of sub 3.0 but over 170 splitters.

This assumes 1, if not 2 years of postgrad work experience.

Anacreon

Postby Anacreon » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:18 am

D-hops wrote:
Anacreon wrote:
D-hops wrote:

An ED at Northwestern gives you a decent shot at getting in. They take a number of sub 3.0 but over 170 splitters.

Worried that by the time I finish WE their LSAT 75%ile will have risen and lock me out.

LttleBlakDress

Postby LttleBlakDress » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:01 am

bk1 wrote:
Anacreon wrote:I've been trying to get some feedback on a potential app. to GWU but have only heard anecdotal evidence thus far. My desire is to stay on the East coast OR be in Chicago.

GW seems to be fairly friendly to splitters though BU definitely isn't as they only let in two people below 3.3.

I'm just a little less of a splitter than you-3.05/169 and I got into GW and am still in no man's land with BU if that helps.

Return to “What are my chances?”