166- 3.99 GPA

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
paulinaporizkova

Re: 166- 3.99 GPA

Postby paulinaporizkova » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:00 pm

dresden doll wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:
dresden doll wrote:In at Cornell; not so sure about G-town since they're such LSAT whores. Make sure you toss an app at Boalt as well.

i got into gtown very quickly and i have almost the exact same numbers (slightly higher)

An LSAT point or two makes a great deal of difference with these types of numbers. Also relevant is the timing of your application. The fact that OP apparently hasn't applied yet won't be doing him any favors.

true, but i mentioned that in my original post. even if OP doesn't decide to retake, i think he should wait and apply early next cycle. i mean, it really isn't that far into the future.

yeah i think boalt is a good bet, since OP is at a UC school already

dresden doll

Postby dresden doll » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:08 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
dresden doll wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:
dresden doll wrote:In at Cornell; not so sure about G-town since they're such LSAT whores. Make sure you toss an app at Boalt as well.

i got into gtown very quickly and i have almost the exact same numbers (slightly higher)

An LSAT point or two makes a great deal of difference with these types of numbers. Also relevant is the timing of your application. The fact that OP apparently hasn't applied yet won't be doing him any favors.

true, but i mentioned that in my original post. even if OP doesn't decide to retake, i think he should wait and apply early next cycle. i mean, it really isn't that far into the future.

yeah i think boalt is a good bet, since OP is at a UC school already

i'm glad you agree because I can't argue with you for as long as you've got that screen name. :P

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:09 pm

dresden doll wrote:
i'm glad you agree because I can't argue with you for as long as you've got that screen name. :P

haha! i remember you liked it from before. i lived in prague for a while so i gotta represent :) i couldn't find a paulina tar that would work, though, so i got lazy and uploaded something else.

and you're...clearly german?

bk1

Postby bk1 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:38 pm

shnoop wrote:Yah but if I retake I give up a year of my life which has more financial value. Life is about moving forward not retrying the same thing over and over again

A year of your life has more financial value than increasing your chances at biglaw by 30% (if you landed CCN over say Cornell)? Or the doors that would open for you if you managed the HYS or CCN? Or 60k+ in scholarship money?

The best solution is apply right now and sign up for a retake in June. Put your seat deposit down in April and take the June test. If you score 170+ then withdraw your seat deposit and reapply. If you don't then go ahead with whichever school you have a deposit at.

shnoop

Postby shnoop » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:41 pm

bk1 wrote:
shnoop wrote:Yah but if I retake I give up a year of my life which has more financial value. Life is about moving forward not retrying the same thing over and over again

A year of your life has more financial value than increasing your chances at biglaw by 30% (if you landed CCN over say Cornell)? Or the doors that would open for you if you managed the HYS or CCN? Or 60k+ in scholarship money?

The best solution is apply right now and sign up for a retake in June. Put your seat deposit down in April and take the June test. If you score 170+ then withdraw your seat deposit and reapply. If you don't then go ahead with whichever school you have a deposit at.

I Should have mentioned my apps were sent the first week of January and are now complete at al the universities which I applied too. My bad :oops:

bk1

Postby bk1 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:44 pm

shnoop wrote:I Should have mentioned my apps were sent the first week of January and are now complete at al the universities which I applied too. My bad :oops:

How does this change what I said? The only thing you haven't done is sign up for the June LSAT.

shnoop

Postby shnoop » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:47 pm

bk1 wrote:
shnoop wrote:I Should have mentioned my apps were sent the first week of January and are now complete at al the universities which I applied too. My bad :oops:

How does this change what I said? The only thing you haven't done is sign up for the June LSAT.

I can wait untill april before signing up for the June LSAT... Lets see how it goes but I completely agree with you that if its not going so well then I will study and retake the LSAT

bk1

Postby bk1 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:49 pm

shnoop wrote:I can wait untill april before signing up for the June LSAT... Lets see how it goes but I completely agree with you that if its not going so well then I will study and retake the LSAT

True, but I see it as the other way around. If your LSAT retake doesn't go well then go with this cycle's results, let your LSAT retake score be determinative of whether or not you reapp next cycle.

shnoop

Postby shnoop » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:53 pm

bk1 wrote:
shnoop wrote:I can wait untill april before signing up for the June LSAT... Lets see how it goes but I completely agree with you that if its not going so well then I will study and retake the LSAT

True, but I see it as the other way around. If your LSAT retake doesn't go well then go with this cycle's results, let your LSAT retake score be determinative of whether or not you reapp next cycle.

agreed :)

Just a not I feel I have a very strong personal statement... Its a very good glimpse into who I am. I have also been working at a law firm full-time for a year. I dnt have amazingly interesting softs but they are solid. I need one school to love me and if that doesn't happen then I know to try again. Does re-applying hurt me significantly?

bk1

Postby bk1 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:56 pm

shnoop wrote:agreed :)

Just a not I feel I have a very strong personal statement... Its a very good glimpse into who I am. I have also been working at a law firm full-time for a year. I dnt have amazingly interesting softs but they are solid. I need one school to love me and if that doesn't happen then I know to try again. Does re-applying hurt me significantly?

I don't think reapplying hurts you. I used to feel that before. It's hard to get over that mentality that they rejected you once so they'll do it again, but it simply isn't true especially if your LSAT has gone up or something else has changed. Actually I think reapplying may have oddly helped me in one case this cycle. I have a low GPA and was rejected at Michigan/Virginia but waitlisted Penn. Of those 3, I applied to only Penn last cycle. I kind of expected to at least get waitlisted at UVa but who knows.

Return to “What are my chances?”